The Student Room Group

How lenient is Manchester and Queen Mary on results day

I firmed Manchester for Politics and International Relations, they want AAB, I made queen Mary my insurance and they want either AAC or ABB. I'm feeling pretty confident for results day but as always I am a bit nervous. If I miss out my grades on Manchester in particular, let's say I get AAC or ABB, do you think Manchester will let me in? I just want to know if they're a bit lenient on results day.
No one can say especially as there's no caps on places this year, it all depends on how everyone else has done but if you drop just one grades there's a chance they ll still consider you :smile:
Current QM politics student here. My friend from secondary, who is also at QM, studying IR, achieved no where near ABB on results day. What she did though was apply for the English course in clearing, then ask to transfer course.

To her surprise, the person who interviewed her on the phone for the transfer was one of our professors. She has now, a year on, just finished her first year with a high 2:1!

Best of luck!
Original post by RedFarhaan
I firmed Manchester for Politics and International Relations, they want AAB, I made queen Mary my insurance and they want either AAC or ABB. I'm feeling pretty confident for results day but as always I am a bit nervous. If I miss out my grades on Manchester in particular, let's say I get AAC or ABB, do you think Manchester will let me in? I just want to know if they're a bit lenient on results day.

Have a read of this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3387419

I gather that Manchester's School of Social Sciences will consider accepting students who've missed one grade, but only if there are still places left once they've taken all the students who have met their offers.

Quick Reply

Latest