The Student Room Group

What is the one thing you hate being asked?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
"Oh! Are you related to the Spice Girl?"
No. **** off. It's still happening like 20 years after they were even popular.

Definitely scarey spice.
Original post by william walker
What have you been doing? Nothing.

One of the most annoying questions. People just don't understand that not all of us are willing to share details about doing things not very interesting.
Original post by offhegoes
"You're good with computers, right?"

Translation: You can ask Google for help on basic Microsoft Office issues, can you see what Google says about this?

(I have zero knowledge of the actual studies of Computing or IT, but I'm a graduate of the university of Asking Google Stuff.)

I do actually have A Levels in IT and this one gets on my nuts. "Can you come and fix my computer/laptop for me?" with no intention of paying me a penny for my time. You'd get told to **** off if you went up to a painter you only know on a basic level and asked them "Oh hey, I've got a pot of paint indoors but I'm crap at painting and can't afford to pay someone, do it for me will you?". Because fixing a computer isn't seen as physical hard work it's somehow seen as a favour - well, I hate doing favours and I don't do them for people I'm not close to, so you can do one :biggrin:

That's my answer to the OP actually, being asked for a favour. Always something that, once you say yes, they start detailing and you're thinking "Oh FFS..." :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by parrot16
One of the most annoying questions. People just don't understand that not all of us are willing to share details about doing things not very interesting.

For me it is more that I don't actually do anything. :smile:
"What's your accent?"

Just because I have a unique accent. Nothing wrong with the question, but literally every single person I meet asks me this. Some instantly, some after an hour, some after a day, some after a week.... But everyone always asks it in the end.
(edited 8 years ago)
Mine has to be; 'Amy are you a lesbian? Because, you are still a Virgin.'
OR
'Ammmmyyyyyyyy, how do I do thiiisss...'
OR
'Ammmyyyyy you know you love me can you...'

I'm not a lesbian, my bestfiend is however & every time at college people asked me to help them as well as, at car meets i'm always asked to walk a different direction with someone from the group-_-
What's your name?

Alex.

What did you say again? Alice?

*bloody hell.
Reply 47
''Why didn't you do medicine?? You would have got in!!''
ffs asians
Original post by Mitzy09
''Why didn't you do medicine?? You would have got in!!''
ffs asians

lolol

A question I get asked often is "Are you the one that does medicine?" to which I always say "Nope... That'll be my brother". Then they go off on a tangent on how I should emulate him, like ffs leave me alone :lol:
Reply 49
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
lolol

A question I get asked often is "Are you the one that does medicine?" to which I always say "Nope... That'll be my brother". Then they go off on a tangent on how I should emulate him, like ffs leave me alone :lol:

lmao omg that's the worst- being compared to siblings :colonhash:
Reply 50
why do you smile so much
Annoying person: "So what do you do?"

Me: "I run, dance, eat curry and go down the pub."
Can you come into work tomorrow.
Original post by K.C
why do you smile so much

Being asked why you don't smile much isn't any better btw. Like, go away, maybe I'm just thinking about something or idk.
How much do you weigh?

I hate all comments about my weight/ appearance in general!
Reply 55
"How are you"
"Are you getting an arranged marriage because you're Indian?"
Original post by SampleX
What do you want to do when you're older?

Not be dead like I hope you will be >:wink:
Would be my general response to that...
Original post by K.C
why do you smile so much

"Because I'm thinking about the thousands of ways I could bring you pain..."
Would be my response to people like that...

:P
Original post by So Instinct
Can you come into work tomorrow.

Just say,
"Well I could, yes. But just because I can; doesn't mean I will."

10/10 would say again :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest