The Student Room Group

resits due to extenuating circumstances, but grades weren't that bad

Last year i got ABBC, BBC being the grades for my three most relevant subjects... obviously much too low for Cambridge but still not terrible, i was struggling with mental health issues at the time which i think impacted me negatively and put me in a much worse position than other students. I resat year 12 and if i get 4 A's (with high UMS averages) do you think it would be worth applying to Cambridge? I'm worried they won't think my health issues are significant enough since i didn't do horrifically in my exams, is this how it works?
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
please help
Original post by harry734
please help

Maybe he can help you, perhaps....?

@Peterhouse Admissions
Last year i got ABBC, BBC being the grades for my three most relevant subjects... obviously much too low for Cambridge but still not terrible, i was struggling with mental health issues at the time which i think impacted me negatively and put me in a much worse position than other students. I resat year 12 and if i get 4 A's (with high UMS averages) do you think it would be worth applying to Cambridge? I'm worried they won't think my health issues are significant enough since i didn't do horrifically in my exams, is this how it works?

If you're on track to achieve the typical offer for the subject you're interested in you should consider applying. We have the Extenuating Circumstances Form for a relevant professional (teacher, doctor etc) to explain the challenges you've faced and why you had to repeat the year.
Reply 5
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
If you're on track to achieve the typical offer for the subject you're interested in you should consider applying. We have the Extenuating Circumstances Form for a relevant professional (teacher, doctor etc) to explain the challenges you've faced and why you had to repeat the year.
yeah but would the fact that my extenuating circumstances didn't affect me so badly that i totally failed make a difference? its hard to explain but I'm just worried that you might think they didn't effect me much if i still managed to get a B... does this seem likely?
Reply 6
Original post by vincrows
Maybe he can help you, perhaps....?

@Peterhouse Admissions
yeah but would the fact that my extenuating circumstances didn't affect me so badly that i totally failed make a difference? its hard to explain but I'm just worried that you might think they didn't effect me much if i still managed to get a B... does this seem likely?

No, this isn't how we use the form. The ECF is for any situation which stopped you performing at your best.
Reply 8
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
No, this isn't how we use the form. The ECF is for any situation which stopped you performing at your best.
ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending