The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Do you get accomadation if you get a place via clearing ?

Just because if I don't get the grades for my firm/insurance I'm hoping to get into keele in clearing....
Reply 1
Original post by lachachacha
Just because if I don't get the grades for my firm/insurance I'm hoping to get into keele in clearing....

"We anticipate that we should be able to accommodate all students who require accommodation for the next academic year - this includes some rooms at Liberty Court in Stoke which is a bus ride away (if you are allocated one of these rooms, you would get a free bus pass). If we get more demand than usual we would source houses in the locality and allocate groups of students to those but at this point we do not anticipate that this would required."Straight from an email I recieved from Keele when I asked the same
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by FFC96
"We anticipate that we should be able to accommodate all students who require accommodation for the next academic year - this includes some rooms at Liberty Court in Stoke which is a bus ride away (if you are allocated one of these rooms, you would get a free bus pass). If we get more demand than usual we would source houses in the locality and allocate groups of students to those but at this point we do not anticipate that this would required."Straight from an email I recieved from Keele when I asked the same

Ah thank you so much !
Original post by lachachacha
Ah thank you so much !

Even if you don't get a room on campus you can always apply at liberty court, its only a short trip on the bus and has the bonus of all the rooms having double beds, en-suites and being really close to town and the supermarkets :smile:.
I didn't apply through clearing but applied for Liberty Court by choice. Not only because it is the much nicer accommodation but it also has a much cheaper deposit. It is a walk away from the train station and you share the accommodation compound with some Staffordshire students, although the majority seemed to be from Keele; this helped a lot during freshers and settling in as it was like a little community of 'Liberty court freshers'.

It has plenty of rooms for people who are applying for accommodation maybe later than people who took Keele as their firm choice, i wouldn't doubt at all that if you decided to apply to Keele and wanted accommodation and Liberty Court that there would be space for you.
Reply 5
Original post by C0nfused_Student
I didn't apply through clearing but applied for Liberty Court by choice. Not only because it is the much nicer accommodation but it also has a much cheaper deposit. It is a walk away from the train station and you share the accommodation compound with some Staffordshire students, although the majority seemed to be from Keele; this helped a lot during freshers and settling in as it was like a little community of 'Liberty court freshers'.

It has plenty of rooms for people who are applying for accommodation maybe later than people who took Keele as their firm choice, i wouldn't doubt at all that if you decided to apply to Keele and wanted accommodation and Liberty Court that there would be space for you.

Apparently it takes around 30/40 mins to travel from liberty though...
Original post by FFC96

Generally it depends on the time of the day that you're travelling at I've been in the bus and it's only taken 25 minutes but yes at other times it has taken 40 but that's what you should expect during rush hour. Having said that you do have to take in to consideration yes you will spend time on a bus or in a taxi but you are within walking distance of Tesco and Hanley rather than being stuck on campus and having to take a bus/ taxi if you want to go anywhere. Also keep in mind that some students who apply for on campus Acomodation will actually end up at Liberty Court anyway as there aren't actually enough rooms at Keele for everyone and as a university they block out at least 3 blocks a year at Liberty Court.
Original post by FFC96

It can take this long, but since Christmas they seem to have put on more buses on the route so it usually only takes 23-30 minutes. It is a downside of living at Liberty and I will admit not being able to wake up at half past 8 and be in your lecture at 9 sucks; however you get used to it and its not that big of a deal.

Liberty also comes with the benefit of it being within walking distance to the train station/tesco/hanley town centre and in my opinion is leaps and bounds ahead of campus accommodation in terms of what it comes with. Its whatever works you though I guess; if you are worried about accommodation at Liberty id recommend emailing them and/or possibly enquiring as to whether you could take a trip down and look around.

Quick Reply

Latest