The Student Room Group

Will we see world peace in our lifetime?

What do you guys think? My fingers are crossed for 'yes'.

Scroll to see replies

No

Maybe when we all die
And you posted this in Scottish Qualifications...
Will the world be a better place if everyone told the truth?:s-smilie:
No. The chances of world peace ever are very very slim unless everyone is robbed of their emotions like in that christian bale film that I can remember the name of and that would be even worse. Humans are just intelligent hairless monkeys and all animals fight and always will
I highly doubt. Why? No one is willing to respect one another. Plus, hypocrisy prevails everywhere. Now in such circumstances, the chances are very little. Sad, I know. Its called harsh reality.
Reply 6
Original post by TornadoGR4

Maybe that's how low the standard of Modern Studies has gotten to that it has to ask arbitrary questions like this? :redface:

To answer the original question, no we won't unless we live under a dictatorship which forces us to live in harmony at the cost of our freedom.
Never, unfortunately. Where there are insanely wealthy people, there will always be poor people - greedy people will always create wars for profit and keep the poor down (pareto criterion) and desperate people will protest and riot. There will never be peace.
No

Fight me.
And is world peace a scottish qualification? lol
the only time you'll see 'world peace' is when there's not a spark of existence in this world left to conflict against eachother i.e. when we are dead x
Reply 11
Peace is an illusion. In the international sphere, stability is the best scenario possible.
Took Nat 5 peace last year, got an A, here to help.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TornadoGR4

I bet it's a political statement to do with Trident lol.
Reply 14
Nope, almost certainly not in the next 100 years sadly, large parts of the world are still centuries away from getting on with each other and you could argue humans will always find something to fight over.
Not unless the Chinese, the Muslims, the Africans and the Russians get democracy.
Hm...while it would be ideal if there was peace in our lifetimes, it isn't going to happen. :/

If for example, however, the US was to have a commitment to a non-violent philosophy, for example by taking the unprecedented step of destroying all of its weapons of arms in a leap of faith, then other nations might follow. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. has suggested such a means of international policy, in keeping with his commitment to non-violence. He justified it on the basis that, well, all of the other means of international diplomacy has failed...
I dont see it ever happening, thats why we should nuke the planet, no humans on Earth would ensure world peace. Humans are horrible.
Reply 18
There never has nor never will be peace in all of the world. It's human nature to fight, and we will continue to do so until something stops us.
Not in my lifetime.

Far from peace i see a continued Muslim civil war and a potential west vs Islam fight too. Sub-Saharan Africa may slowly improve. China and India will soon be sufficiently powerful that they must be afforded equal respect with the west or a war could come. Russia needs dealing with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending