The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Anyone staying or will stay in Lancaster (Brunel) or has an idea about it?

Hello.
I'll hopefully be staying in the halls of residence at Lancaster halls. Is it nice? anyone know anything about it? thank you!
Original post by msxo
Hello.
I'll hopefully be staying in the halls of residence at Lancaster halls. Is it nice? anyone know anything about it? thank you!

I was at mill hall in my first year. But a few of my mates were in Lancaster. I was there most of the time and its one of the best and newest. Consider yourself luck, mine was like a prison cell.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
I applied and got accepted for faraday halls.
Hey there! I had my first year in Lancaster, I would say it's excellent, it's right in the centre of campus so getting to lectures or the SU takes about 1 - 2 minutes, the kitchen is msaaive if your not on the bottom floor. The rooms are a decent size with an en suite. Just make sure you have everything in you're kitchen when you move it as we missed a kitchen table but it got quickly sorted out. We also only had around 2 or three non practice fire alarms. I hope this helps! I'm a fresher contact for this year also so perhaps I will see you around if you have any other questions!
Original post by msxo
Hello.

Which Hall in Lancaster complex are you in?
Hey!

I stayed at Lancaster Hall, Maria Grey building in my first year and I can let you know that they are definitely one of the best rooms on campus. Built only a couple of years ago (something you will notice when you visit other rooms on campus and compare) they have everything you need - close-by laundry, 3 minutes from the lecture centre and 4 from Costcutter. I'm pretty certain most rooms have en suite bathrooms and there is very close-by parking if you have visitors. Another plus is that because you're at the front of the university, you're nearest to the bus stops to get you in to uxbridge.

Any more questions?

Kind regards,
Original post by LimeSpice
I applied and got accepted for faraday halls.

which floor/room are you? I'm in the same hall, staircase 1 room 38 :smile:
Original post by Dilaraartuc
which floor/room are you? I'm in the same hall, staircase 1 room 38 :smile:

Staircase 1 Room 8. I got an adapted room even though I'm not disabled.

The accomodation team said I got lucky since my room is larger than normal non-adapted rooms (apparently these adapted rooms are popular because they are larger).

The accomodation team said I got lucky since my room is larger than normal non-adapted rooms (apparently these adapted rooms are popular because they are larger).

Oh wow! Yeah I saw the virtual tour of the room online. Its bigger than the standard size :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you going to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helllooooooooo temporary strangers, im in lancaster, flat 45
What are you going to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biomedical Science - Year 2.

You?
Reply 12
Im in lancaster southwark hall
Biomedical Science - Year 2.

You?

Law Year 1 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice.

I have a couple friends starting Law but at other institutions.
Me too! What flat are you in?
Lancaster is quite good to be honest.The buildings are decent and the rooms are quite big.The only problem is that showers will have a curtain instead of a glass door.I think the rooms in faraday have showers with glass door,at least my friends did.Was in maria grey last year.Its close to the lecture centres and to iac/gym.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending