The Student Room Group

Swapping courses after one year?

Been thinking about swapping from English Lit and Creative Writing BA to Law LLB, in the same university (Royal Holloway), but I've already done a year of study. I have the grades to get into the Law, but is this still possible? Is it wise to swap after one year? I'm just finding my degree a little underwhelming and would like something more challenging.
Original post by stanakaticshair
Been thinking about swapping from English Lit and Creative Writing BA to Law LLB, in the same university (Royal Holloway), but I've already done a year of study. I have the grades to get into the Law, but is this still possible? Is it wise to swap after one year? I'm just finding my degree a little underwhelming and would like something more challenging.

Ask the RHUL Law department whether it is possible.

EDIT: However, you might find post 7 in this thread relevant:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3479389
(edited 8 years ago)
You'd need to check with your uni, but it's likely that if you can swap you'd need to start from scratch.

If you're sure you want to swap, speak to you uni before results day, so they don't fill up with clearing applicants.

However, it's wise to note that your English degree will get substantially harder in second year (and again in third year) so if that's the only reason for swapping, I'd urge caution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending