The Student Room Group

still not over my ex?

It's been a month and a bit since we broke up and I still cry about it sometimes/get that funny feeling in my chest when I see him around/get unnecessarily jealous when I see him with other girls. It comes and goes in waves. I just need someone to tell me this is normal. :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
It's been a month and a bit since we broke up and I still cry about it sometimes/get that funny feeling in my chest when I see him around/get unnecessarily jealous when I see him with other girls. It comes and goes in waves. I just need someone to tell me this is normal. :frown:

It is normal tbh. First few months are the hardest, especially the nights. Find yourself something to take your mind off him, make it so that you're way too exhausted to have the energy to think about him.

In a few months you'll forget a whole lot of the stuff you remember now, a few months after that you'll probably laugh at you being upset like this.

Stay strong, basically
Reply 2
its very normal, depends on a lot of factors like how long the relationship was, I've just come out of a three year relationship, its been about 3 months, the 1st month was unbearable and i was completely depressed, distraught and lost a tonne of weight and didn't think i could bare to go on.
i can now say 3 months down the line I'm doing a lot better, theres still moments in the days where i get thoughts pop up which make me a bit low, but i can deal with them now.
just find things to keep yourself occupied, talk to friends, make new ones, do anything to distract yourself, i found writing a list of all the negatives in the relationship was a great way to remind myself why it ended and keep me going!

its tough but you'll get through it, maybe not today, next week, or next month but you'll come out stronger and in a better position for yourself! just know your not the only person suffering, a lot of people go through heartbreak and people will always be there for you!

Keep strong!
The same thing happend to me even . it was 12 months ago when every thing went down hill i lost my job at O2 and i lost my girl freind . and here i am sitting cry and asking why
Been there. It' totally normal, and they probably feel the same.
Reply 5
Original post by SA-1
It is normal tbh. First few months are the hardest, especially the nights. Find yourself something to take your mind off him, make it so that you're way too exhausted to have the energy to think about him. In a few months you'll forget a whole lot of the stuff you remember now, a few months after that you'll probably laugh at you being upset like this. Stay strong, basically
Original post by Jhdm17
its very normal, depends on a lot of factors like how long the relationship was, I've just come out of a three year relationship, its been about 3 months, the 1st month was unbearable and i was completely depressed, distraught and lost a tonne of weight and didn't think i could bare to go on.i can now say 3 months down the line I'm doing a lot better, theres still moments in the days where i get thoughts pop up which make me a bit low, but i can deal with them now.just find things to keep yourself occupied, talk to friends, make new ones, do anything to distract yourself, i found writing a list of all the negatives in the relationship was a great way to remind myself why it ended and keep me going!its tough but you'll get through it, maybe not today, next week, or next month but you'll come out stronger and in a better position for yourself! just know your not the only person suffering, a lot of people go through heartbreak and people will always be there for you!Keep strong!
Original post by picklescamp
Been there. It' totally normal, and they probably feel the same.
Thank you guys. :smile:
Original post by Dylanlomas
The same thing happend to me even . it was 12 months ago when every thing went down hill i lost my job at O2 and i lost my girl freind . and here i am sitting cry and asking why
I'm sorry to hear that. :frown: I hope you feel better soon
It's normal, I'm sorry you feel like this and I know how much it hurts :hugs:

Just keep yourself distracted and try to avoid seeing him. If that's not possible, this is just a case of going through the hard stuff before it gets easier. And I promise you, it will get easier with time. Stay strong x
Reply 7
It's normal. My last relationship pretty much ended in February, but I stupidly stayed in contact and am still hurting. This feeling you have may take weeks, months or even years. You somehow have to find other things to invest your time in, to distract yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending