The Student Room Group

RAF Halton Morning Routine for Basic Training

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the general morning routine is at RAF Halton during basic training? i.e:

What time do you have to get up?
What time do you have to be ready for breakfast by?
What time is breakfast?
What time does the first activity of the day start?

I ask because I am aware it may be very early and I would like to start preparing my body clock! Particularly interested to know the time that the first activity of the day starts so that I can start going to the gym at that time instead of in the evenings as I am currently used to doing.

Thanks!
My friend recently went through the first few weeks of Army training, but got medically discharged anyway.

He told me there's a time you have to be on the line in your room at a certain time, so before that you need to be dressed, showered, shaved.

I guess waking up at 6am would be a good start!
You will find out at PRTC but I would say get up 5:45/6, showered and shaved and out for 6:25/6:30 then breakfast then on from there. It will vary day to day as to what activity and when. Watch the Raf basic training on you tube there is a lad something Marchant who does a whole 53 Days vid diary. You should have enough time front PRTC till basic to sort your body clock out. But then again I'm just going on the research I have done the Raf websites and forums like this one.
Reply 3
I have been through basic training quite recently & we were mostly up between 5-5:30am for the first few weeks then as we progressed it was around 6am wake up. First 2 weeks I'd say were the toughest in terms of lack of sleep etc. first activity could be as early as 6:30am depending on what you're doing.
Original post by lrandall7
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the general morning routine is at RAF Halton during basic training? i.e:

What time do you have to get up?
What time do you have to be ready for breakfast by?
What time is breakfast?
What time does the first activity of the day start?

I ask because I am aware it may be very early and I would like to start preparing my body clock! Particularly interested to know the time that the first activity of the day starts so that I can start going to the gym at that time instead of in the evenings as I am currently used to doing.

Thanks!

Breakfast closes at 08:00, so you'll always be up showered and started your morning activity for 08:00 latest. Usual time for me to be up is about 05:30 tbh but some days easier some days later. They change it up a lot. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lrandall7
I ask because I am aware it may be very early and I would like to start preparing my body clock!

Don't.

Use the time building up to it to get as fit as possible and to rest. There's absolutely no point making yourself tired and strained before you start, that's entirely counter productive and incredibly unhelpful.

You will be given very clear instructions on when to get up and when to be at the places you're needed. Don't worry about that now - worry about the preparation you can have an effect on.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Drewski
Don't.

There's absolutely no point making yourself tired and strained before you start, that's entirely counter productive and incredibly unhelpful.

Drewski makes a good point. I think I'll just carry on doing what I'm doing, lots of gymming and making the most of the chance to rest whilst I can :smile: Good to know what to mentally prepare myself for though! Thanks for the advice all.

Quick Reply

Latest