The Student Room Group

Clifford Chance - PRIME scheme

I got accepted into this recently and was wondering if anyone has experience of the firm/programme?

Also, is anyone else going to be attending this on the 17th to 21st of August?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Oh man, I guess I've been rejected since I have heard nothing back :/, when did you find out? If you don't mind, what type of things did you have on your application that you think made you stand out?
Original post by studdybuddy101
Oh man, I guess I've been rejected since I have heard nothing back :/, when did you find out? If you don't mind, what type of things did you have on your application that you think made you stand out?

I heard back like 3 days ago.

Started a company at an MIT startup programme and ran it for the past year - alongside 3 other co-founders.

Work part time at a phone store selling contracts, I have solid customer service scores (100% positive feedback) and contract legislation knowledge.

Did a placement at BP - project got implemented by the regional CEO

Apart from that, just standard grades and a focus on matching my skills with those of a would be lawyer.

What year are you in? You might have another chance next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I heard back like 3 days ago.

Started a company at an MIT startup programme and ran it for the past year - alongside 3 other co-founders.

Work part time at a phone store selling contracts, I have solid customer service scores (100% positive feedback) and contract legislation knowledge.

Did a placement at BP - project got implemented by the regional CEO

Apart from that, just standard grades and a focus on matching my skills with those of a would be lawyer.

What year are you in? You might have another chance next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, yeah I have nothing like that just standard work experience in a retail office, and jobs in hospitality and a museum... but then again I suppose the point was to help those without the chance of good work experience. Hopefully in my gap year I can get some decent work experience in to make a more competitive application when it comes to the real thing. Year 13 :/ so last chance. Anyway good luck with it all, are you planning to study law at uni?
Oh wow, yeah I have nothing like that just standard work experience in a retail office, and jobs in hospitality and a museum... but then again I suppose the point was to help those without the chance of good work experience. Hopefully in my gap year I can get some decent work experience in to make a more competitive application when it comes to the real thing. Year 13 :/ so last chance. Anyway good luck with it all, are you planning to study law at uni?

I'm not really an accurate picture of a standard applicant tbh; probably a bit too ambitious. In most cases, if you expanded on your work experience placements in your application you would have stood a decent chance.

Nah, I'm studying Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence but looking into Law (alongside Banking and Consulting) as a potential career. I'd love to do IP or Corporate Finance law if I do end up pursuing it. What about yourself?
I'm not really an accurate picture of a standard applicant tbh; probably a bit too ambitious. In most cases, if you expanded on your work experience placements in your application you would have stood a decent chance.

Nah, I'm studying Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence but looking into Law (alongside Banking and Consulting) as a potential career. I'd love to do IP or Corporate Finance law if I do end up pursuing it. What about yourself?

Hoping to study History and English but then go into law through a conversion or teaching. I'm not really certain on what path I want to take, that's why I thought I would take a year out and do some research. Just waiting for results day now, might change to law depending on what results I get.
Hoping to study History and English but then go into law through a conversion or teaching. I'm not really certain on what path I want to take, that's why I thought I would take a year out and do some research. Just waiting for results day now, might change to law depending on what results I get.

Nice! That's a solid plan, the big law firms take equal amounts of law and non-law grads on so that won't be a reason why you'd get turned down for a training contract.

Again, there are many careers out there and what you study at uni will not ultimately dictate your life! In fact, most people switch careers at least once in their lifetime - so of you like your chosen subject, stick with it rather than go for law just for arbitrary career prospects.

Haha, mine are on Tuesday (Scottish Qualifications), and if I screw up I'm scrapping the whole IB/Law/Consulting plan and focusing on Software Engineering.

Which unis are you looking at?
Nice! That's a solid plan, the big law firms take equal amounts of law and non-law grads on so that won't be a reason why you'd get turned down for a training contract.

Again, there are many careers out there and what you study at uni will not ultimately dictate your life! In fact, most people switch careers at least once in their lifetime - so of you like your chosen subject, stick with it rather than go for law just for arbitrary career prospects.

Haha, mine are on Tuesday (Scottish Qualifications), and if I screw up I'm scrapping the whole IB/Law/Consulting plan and focusing on Software Engineering.

Which unis are you looking at?

Ah good luck and thanks, its good to hear some positive advice, especially about the humanities. Well I have already got an deferred offer for Exeter (AAB). However, depending on results I might reapply to Bristol and Edinburgh. Wbu?
Ah good luck and thanks, its good to hear some positive advice, especially about the humanities. Well I have already got an deferred offer for Exeter (AAB). However, depending on results I might reapply to Bristol and Edinburgh. Wbu?

No problemo, the humanities are very versatile and the skills (research, analysis etc.) gained can be applied to a variety of careers after uni, don't fret about the STEM masterrace gang on TSR.

Thank you very much!

Ah, Exeter is a lovely uni! If you beat your offer, you could try for adjustment at Bristol or Edinburgh! Good luck.
I got accepted into this recently and was wondering if anyone has experience of the firm/programme?

Also, is anyone else going to be attending this on the 17th to 21st of August?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I got accepted onto this also. I have no idea what to expect either! I completely forgot I applied if I'm honest. They left it quite late with replying with the outcomes... Are you from London?
Original post by aemlawstudent
Ah, I got accepted onto this also. I have no idea what to expect either! I completely forgot I applied if I'm honest. They left it quite late with replying with the outcomes... Are you from London?

Hahahaha, I applied at the end of July I think.

It looks very interesting from the brief overview on the website!

No, I live in Aberdeen (from a lot of places tbh) but I'll be staying in an apartment at Canary Wharf for the week.

If you want I can add you on other social media/messaging stuff - just PM me.

No, I live in Aberdeen (from a lot of places tbh) but I'll be staying in an apartment at Canary Wharf for the week.

Yeah, I applied when it first opened as I was nearly going to apply for the February scheme, but decided against that and the August one instead! God, must have been March or April time then for me...
Ah, we're practically on the other side of the UK from each other then - I'm from Cornwall. Yeah, I'm going to stay in some university accommodation nearby for the week - it's just a tube away so it should be fine.
Sure - we'll be meeting soon anyway. I'll PM you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aemlawstudent
Yeah, I applied when it first opened as I was nearly going to apply for the February scheme, but decided against that and the August one instead! God, must have been March or April time then for me...
Ah, we're practically on the other side of the UK from each other then - I'm from Cornwall. Yeah, I'm going to stay in some university accommodation nearby for the week - it's just a tube away so it should be fine.
Sure - we'll be meeting soon anyway. I'll PM you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys!

I got accepted this time, just wondering what the experience was like and can you give any advice?
Hey guys!

I got accepted this time, just wondering what the experience was like and can you give any advice?

Hey, I've been accepted onto this year's scheme too. Are you the February or August week?
Original post by crazyfilmbuff
Hey, I've been accepted onto this year's scheme too. Are you the February or August week?

Feb! You?
Feb! You?

Me too!
Me too!

Ahh coo, are you from London?
Ahh coo, are you from London?

No im from Dorset yourself?
No im from Dorset yourself?

Yeah London, have/ are you going to do a lot research on the firm?
Yeah London, have/ are you going to do a lot research on the firm?

You don't really need to.

The week will consist of mainly presentations, group activities, outings and networking sessions. My advice would be to have fun and definitely just be yourself; both when talking to the associates/trainees as well as other attendees. You'll have a blast no doubt and hopefully make friends with high potential individuals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending