The Student Room Group

Feel so let down need urgent help

Came home got a college letter saying how I can't go back to sixth former in September because of my attendance and I'm too old my sixth form goes up to 19 and I'm 19 already I feel like I let everyone down and I missed my resits I ain't got no qualifications help what should I do seriously
Original post by LD1000
Came home got a college letter saying how I can't go back to sixth former in September because of my attendance and I'm too old my sixth form goes up to 19 and I'm 19 already I feel like I let everyone down and I missed my resits I ain't got no qualifications help what should I do seriously

You ****ed up dude, lol.
Reply 2
Original post by LD1000

You could apply for a college course in something you want to do, a place where they have no age limit, get a diploma then go onto uni in a couple of years? You could even try to get a foundation degree to go onto a bsc or ba, people do that too :smile: don't panic too much, there are always options :smile:

Can I ask how your attendance got that low in the first place for you to actually get kicked out? Because that's pretty extreme. If it was truancy then that's understandable because you were skipping class etc and therefore not showing a good enough attitude to learning, in which case you have sort of brought it upon yourself :/ if it was illness though then surely they'd understand that you can't help that and would send you the work you were missing?
Original post by IIEquinoxII
You ****ed up dude, lol.

Wow **** you

Posted from TSR Mobile
True I could do that I'm applying 4 bare different colleges and I kept turning up 30 mins late everyday I never get let in even if I turn up late and sometimes I just bunk
loool
Reply 6
Hey, sorry that you feel this way /: especially in this modern world/climate where employers have a wish list which requires 'x' amount of experience and 'x' amount of qualifications... Out of interest a while ago I was looking at degrees with the open university, and supposedly they don't have any entry requirements - I could be wrong tho. Type in open university (psychology for example) and it says there's no entry requirements. Or you could go to college and gain more qualifications there or build up work experience/volunteer :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by LD1000

Quickly try and get yourself on a college course. Either A levels. Access or BTEC.
Someone who truly cares about their education doesn't continuously turn up 30 minutes last every day as well as "bunk" and then respond "lool" to their own thread, in which they supposedly feel let down (you let yourself down buddy) and seriously wants help.

It's brats like you that put the country to shame, you should be grateful you even get an education. Go get a job, because you're clearly not learning anything.
Reply 9
Lol if you was that late for work regularly you'd be fired
Original post by SophieSmall
Someone who truly cares about their education doesn't continuously turn up 30 minutes last every day as well as "bunk" and then respond "lool" to their own thread, in which they supposedly feel let down (you let yourself down buddy) and seriously wants help.

It's brats like you that put the country to shame, you should be grateful you even get an education. Go get a job, because you're clearly not learning anything.

:ditto:

Get a job OP and stop acting like a child. You're 19 - own your mistakes.
Im looking for one getting a job is hard work
Loool yeah I know my college was to far though
Reply 13
Original post by LD1000
Loool yeah I know my college was to far though

I feel somewhat bad for you. In the sense that in the years to come you'll look back on this and be kicking yourself. I'm 27 and seriously annoyed it took this long for me to appreciate education. I left school with just C's in English Lang & Lit, didn't get into college, took a year out, wasted a year on a pointless BTEC and continued to work thinking I was in a dead end job for life. Thankfully, I found out about Access courses and it changed my life.

I became dedicated to that, passed it with a university offer and I start university this September. Not being funny mate but sort out your attitude, before it's too late.
I hear that mate but I'm seriously depressed most of the time I feel like cutting myself I'm so young I'm only 19
Reply 15
Original post by LD1000

Nose up, chin up, nose UP... quick !
No worries, no worries at all my friend. :smile:
You can sort this out. Really.
I would suggest speaking to career advisers regarding possible ways and options you can take. Then choose what you feel is best suited to you and go for it.
You are so young.. only 19. So many roads and opportunities in life are open to you. Why not make the most of it ? Just do not hesitate to apply yourself to it.
I so wish I was your boss at work and you were my new employee/member of staff.
It would be more than a pleasure to guide you and teach you new things and stuff and mentor you.. and then see how you are getting on. Awesome... :smile:
Surely you have no doubt all this energy [and maybe hidden] potential within this shiny golden dude could really do wonders ? We think so too. :redface:
Best of luck and best wishes !
Well if you really want an education then go to your local community college or apply for an apprenticeship. I don't see what the big problem is?
Thanks mate I feel a lot better now and yeah I'm voluteering at a charity shop its a start u know and yeah I wish you could help me in real life would be such a pleasure and thanks mate same 2 u 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending