The Student Room Group

A-levels results day and German university application deadline

Hi guys

I am A-levels student and I'm waiting for my AS results. I want to apply for an undergrad degree in Computer Science from Germany next year in 2016. I've enrolled myself for German language courses and will be giving TestDAF before applying. However, I noticed that the application deadlines for admission in Winter semester ends on 15th July but the A-Levels result arrives in August. I enquired the International Office of the university I wish to apply to and the rep said that I need to show them my provisional results or the Statement of Results for A2 though I can submit my A-Levels certificate later. The problem is that the provisional results for A2 will arrive in August. I can submit proof of enrollment for A-levels and my AS results and certificate but it seems that they're insisting me to contact my school to make the provisional results available in July. How I am I supposed to show them proof of my higher education entrance qualification? Oh and the application will be through uni-assist.

I know there must've been A-levels students who applied before me. What did you submit?
I may have misunderstood this, but it wouldn't be logistically possible for your results to be made available in July (although that depends when exactly in July, of course!) because they have to be marked and moderated in line with everyone else's examinations (there is no 'acceleration' for specific cases as grade boundaries and marks depend on the analysis and cross-referencing of all exam papers during that exam series.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I have appeased myself in the run up to the 13th by learning exactly how everything works! Just a coping mechanism!!

und viel Erfolg bei deiner Bewerbung! Wo genau möchtest du studieren? Das deutsche Kultur ist ohne Zweifel ein der bezauberndsten Kulturen der Welt! Ich gebe zu, dass ich total eifersüchtig bin! Ich hätte gern das immer versucht. Ich fand aber, dass ich immer ein Mangel an Selbstvertrauen im Bezug darauf gehabt habe, was eine ganz schöne Enttäuschung war!

Sorry about my German, I haven't studied it for over a year and its a little rusty!

*EDIT* die deutsche Kultur
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by danavfc96
I may have misunderstood this, but it wouldn't be logistically possible for your results to be made available in July (although that depends when exactly in July, of course!) because they have to be marked and moderated in line with everyone else's examinations (there is no 'acceleration' for specific cases as grade boundaries and marks depend on the analysis and cross-referencing of all exam papers during that exam series.

Yes, you're right, danavfc96. Which is why I'm here. I'm sure there must've been other A-levels applicants who have been through this.

Original post by danavfc96
und viel Erfolg bei deiner Bewerbung! Wo genau möchtest du studieren? Das deutsche Kultur ist ohne Zweifel ein der bezauberndsten Kulturen der Welt! Ich gebe zu, dass ich total eifersüchtig bin! Ich hätte gern das immer versucht. Ich fand aber, dass ich immer ein Mangel an Selbstvertrauen im Bezug darauf gehabt habe, was eine ganz schöne Enttäuschung war!

Sorry about my German, I haven't studied it for over a year and its a little rusty!

*EDIT* die deutsche Kultur

Danke! Ich möchte an der Universität Passau studieren. Du hast Recht über die deutsche Kultur.

Its alright, I've only studied German for a week. :biggrin:
I will go through the same thing. Did anything workout for you?
Can you write what happened? Did you get accepted or did you have to wait a semester?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending