The Student Room Group

Declining offers after results day

Hi,

I have applied to university to start sept 2015 and am currently awaiting results, i have conditional offer and look set to get the grades needed. I have also applied for a number of apprenticeships and if i manage to get one of those i will choose it over uni. i have yet to hear from my apprenticeship applications and dont think i will until after results day. If i accept my place on results day will be able to decline it afterwards if i get an apprenticeship?

any help or advice is appreciated as i am pretty unsure what to do!

Thanks
Original post by PerryBoys
Hi,

I have applied to university to start sept 2015 and am currently awaiting results, i have conditional offer and look set to get the grades needed. I have also applied for a number of apprenticeships and if i manage to get one of those i will choose it over uni. i have yet to hear from my apprenticeship applications and dont think i will until after results day. If i accept my place on results day will be able to decline it afterwards if i get an apprenticeship?

any help or advice is appreciated as i am pretty unsure what to do!

Thanks

Yes, you can. Contact the university and let them know. They'll talk you through it.
why would you choose an apprenticeship over university?
Reply 3
Original post by maggie43
why would you choose an apprenticeship over university?

earn and learn and gain some real good qualifications
Reply 4
it's an engineering apprenticeships so it's great money
And you can always go to University later.

You can't do it the other way around.
If you're sure that's the path you want to go down, then do the apprenticeship. Degrees aren't all that, but if you want a career-change it's easier if you have one.

What university and course are you rejecting if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and good luck!
Reply 7
History at manchester met, I didn't want to engineering as a degree and I enjoy history haha.
Original post by PerryBoys
History at manchester met, I didn't want to engineering as a degree and I enjoy history haha.

I reckon the apprenticeship will give you better prospects, plus you won't rack up the debt.
Reply 9
Yeah that's my thinking, hopefully I manage to get one. I'm using Uni as a back up haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending