The Student Room Group

Oxford MAT- Nov 4th 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tommylassafunny
That is kinda mean :frown: but true haha. I did ok on long questions, like 45/60. But for MC I might have only got 1-2 right :frown:

I am in the same situation. I think i got around 50 from MAT and i am happy that i haven't been rejected yet :biggrin: tbh i don't even know how long questions are marked and how many method marks i can obtain.
Original post by physicsmaths
Why you being a dick for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am being harsh to myself indeed. Preparing both of us for the worst case scenario, so that if it happens we won't get that much disappointed as we were already ready for it.
I am really sorry, i didn't want to sound like a "dick".
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
I am being harsh to myself indeed. Preparing both of us for the worst case scenario, so that if it happens we won't get that much disappointed as we were already ready for it.
I am really sorry, i didn't want to sound like a "dick".

It is fine, seeing as 50 is above the average score you could very much get an interview. I doubt there is any special methods in marking long questions in MAT, each mark for steps so it is not that hard to estimate scores accurately with a range of 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, just calm down and wait your rejection or interview.
What % do Oxford shortlist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an idea what the reasons are for being rejected after interviews with a MAT score above 60?? (I got around 65, but the histograms show that about only half of people with 65 get an offer... ) is it their exam results? Interview??
Original post by klipsy
Does anyone have an idea what the reasons are for being rejected after interviews with a MAT score above 60?? (I got around 65, but the histograms show that about only half of people with 65 get an offer... ) is it their exam results? Interview??

65 isn't enough to guarantee an acceptance. If they accept every one with 60+, they would already go over their class size.
(edited 8 years ago)
It is fine, seeing as 50 is above the average score you could very much get an interview. I doubt there is any special methods in marking long questions in MAT, each mark for steps so it is not that hard to estimate scores accurately with a range of 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is i haven't been doing it for so long time, therefore i can't mark my own long questions, especially without having official mark scheme.
Thank you for your help anyway!
Original post by cattubato

Posted from TSR Mobile

40-50 probably
Original post by cattubato

Posted from TSR Mobile

around 50
Has anyone heard back from Corpus yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone heard back from Corpus yet?

you and I are the only applicants of Corpus Christi
Has anyone received a reply from Merton?
Has anyone heard anything from Keble?? Especially for straight Maths
Original post by Armen99
you and I are the only applicants of Corpus Christi

Oh that's nice, at least i am not the only one and also we can understand that they actually haven't given decisions based on each other :smile:
Btw what do you think you scored from MAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember you did quite well in the MAT and I was wondering if you have recieved an offer from Imperial. I'm quite worried I haven't heard back from them
Original post by Bearbert
I remember you did quite well in the MAT and I was wondering if you have recieved an offer from Imperial. I'm quite worried I haven't heard back from them

Na I have nothing as of yet,but users Krollo and Renzhi have both recieved offers(A*A*A) i think they both got around 80s/90s in mat and had ums of 99% and 100%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeees got an interview from Oxford and i am really happy. So, it is really possible to get an interview with 50 or i scored higher and calculated it wrong. Anyway will find that out in January.
Yeees got an interview from Oxford and i am really happy. So, it is really possible to get an interview with 50 or i scored higher and calculated it wrong. Anyway will find that out in January.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! I understand your college is Corpus Christi? Did you apply for straight Maths?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending