The Student Room Group

Can I apply to 3 Universities but 5 courses?

Hello,

I just wanted to know if it is possible to apply to 3 different universities but for 5 courses.

For example: I just want to apply to Bristol University, Bath University and UWE.

At UWE- radiotherapy and oncology
At Bristol Uni- Biochemistry with medical biochem
At bath- chemistry, biochemistry and biomedical sciences.

Help or advice would b appreciated on if this combo is suitable.
thanx in advance!
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure you can but you also would only be able to submit one personal statement which could be difficult to make relevant for a few different courses.
It is definitely possible to apply to multiple courses at the same university, but it is not advised. Since all of the courses you have applied for are all different, having the same personal statement will make it harder to emphasise your enthusiasm for a particular course. Although the courses are similar, I would advise you narrow down your course and select a specific course you want to apply for. There are plenty of universities which allow you to switch courses when you've been accepted within the first year, if you do change your mind. You would obviously have to check with the university to make sure they allow that.
Can I ask why you're interested in radiotherapy when all your other choices are chemistry based? You won't get an interview for it unless your PS is specific for that career, but if you do that you probably won't get offers for the other courses either because they'll be reading about why you want to do radiotherapy which obviously isn't relevant to your other choices. If you take UWE out you might be able to word a PS that's suitable for all the other choices, but it's worth noting that Bath and Bristol will know you've applied for multiple courses with them and they may reject you for indecision if there is a high level of competition for places.
Original post by Bubble87
Can I ask why you're interested in radiotherapy when all your other choices are chemistry based? You won't get an interview for it unless your PS is specific for that career, but if you do that you probably won't get offers for the other courses either because they'll be reading about why you want to do radiotherapy which obviously isn't relevant to your other choices. If you take UWE out you might be able to word a PS that's suitable for all the other choices, but it's worth noting that Bath and Bristol will know you've applied for multiple courses with them and they may reject you for indecision if there is a high level of competition for places.

The reason why I am thinking of applying to 3 Unis only is because I wanted to stay local and so I picked my favorite course(s) from three closest Unis. I have two interests, one is radiotherapy and the other is a lab based e.g, chemistry/biochemistry etc... I want to work in a hospital but i am not sure if I want a narrow degree that is only limited to radiography although i love the physics aspect of it and treating patients. i suppose biomedical is somewhat related to radiography although i am finding it difficult to construct a personal statement.
I think you need to decide if you want a role that has patient interaction or not.
You don't have to use all your 5 choices so if you could just go for biochem or biomed at two or just apply for radiography. It looks incredibly indecisive and to me sounds way too risky applying for 3 different courses especially if you end up with a ps that can't fit one/two of the options perfectly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending