The Student Room Group

How are you preparing for year 11?

So I've been trying prepare for year 11 and I wonder what you are all doing!
So a couple questions you could maybe answer:

Are you doing any revision? If so, what? How?

Have you been buying anything like stationery? If so what, for what?

Are you doing any other preparation?

If you've finished year 11, what ideas or advice could you give us all?

I've been making a list of what I need to revise, I'm hoping to make summary notes on every topic such as all the science topics etc. and do some light revision, maybe have a quick look at the syllabus for next year (I'm taking triple science so I haven't learnt topic 7 yet).

I'm going to buy lots of stationery to try to make my revision and note taking easier, such as felt tip pens, highlighters, sticky notes etc.

Otherwise, I'm just trying to get organised, so get rid of any old books from year 9 that are useless now, get everything I need for next year and just be prepared as possible.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kate37

Going to start my revision when I start year 11 and do my actual revision during the Easter holidays

On the last week of the holidays going to do some hard-core stationary buying

No not really, just waiting for my prefect jumper and tie that I'm going to wear in September

N/A

I've been making a list of what I need to revise, I'm hoping to make summary notes on every topic such as all the science topics etc. and do some light revision, maybe have a quick look at the syllabus for next year (I'm taking triple science so I haven't learnt topic 7 yet).

Done :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mr...
I would suggest posing your questions on the Current Y10 thread : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2936641&page=391&p=58117443#post58117443

I'm new to TSR so I don't really understand it haha
Reply 3
I'm revising all holidays, mainly geography and Spanish. But I'm also trying to finish off my ICT coursework, I really don't want to do it, but I have to :frown:
I've already got all of my stationery so other than revision, I'm fully prepared.
Reply 4
Original post by kate37

Making flash cards, going through Year 10 work. Seeing what I know and what I don't know. Clarifying learning and all that similar stuff.
The other day I went out to buy revision cards. I bought 400 of them. I also bought some more ball point pens, a glue stick and a 30cm fold up ruler.
Preparing myself mentally for results day. Just trying to relax as much as possible. I'm going to buy a new bag. To make myself feel tidy, I completely tidied my room so it's all spacious again and clean.

I am pretty much ready :u:
Buy four good quality highlighters to use when revising, I find it helped to make my work look so much neater and easier to revise from!
For year eleven, I'm buying a new desk so I can be more motivated to work, last year my back was a pain from revision and I dreaded it!
I've not done much revision, I'm just organising everything for now and making the most of summer.
Good luck for it!
Reply 6
The only other thing I'm worrying about is results day. But I'm trying to relax and get over it. How do you lot think you did anyway?
Original post by Guy123
The only other thing I'm worrying about is results day. But I'm trying to relax and get over it. How do you lot think you did anyway?

I only did one subject, statistics and I reckon I got an A, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate37

I'm going to buy lots of stationery to try to make my revision and note taking easier, such as felt tip pens, highlighters, sticky notes etc.

Otherwise, I'm just trying to get organised, so get rid of any old books from year 9 that are useless now, get everything I need for next year and just be prepared as possible.

Not started revision yet

Using the same stationery from last year, but I have loads lol

Yeah, I have to do preparation for my food tech and history coursework :/

Good luck 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by kate37

Hey there, I'm also going to year 11. Let me answer each question.

Yes, I am doing revision. I'm personally revising subjects in which I feel I may have forgotten stuff. At the moment, that's Geography. I borrowed a textbook from school and I'm going through it. I pretty much do an hour, take a break by playing football, cycling etc then come back. Once I'm done I may take a break or move to another subject. I have to make sure I do relax however as this is pretty much the last holiday before I need to pick up my revision.

I recently bought a pukka 5 subject project book in which i use each section for my notes on different subjects, eg biology, chemistry, physics, geography, french etc. I highly recommend this book :smile: but apart from that I haven't bought any stationary yet.

In terms of preparation, I'm just finishing up my english coursework and preparing revision cards (highly recommended). I write notes on each subject which will help me in my mocks/real exams (the morning before exams, I'd go through them to help me remember key points).

Hope this helps! If you need more help, just ask:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Guy123

i only did stats and english lit in yr 10, i reckon i got an A* and a B respectively
Reply 11
Original post by kate37

I haven't done anything apart from organise some science files so it's easier for me to access when i'm revising rather than download them.
I'm trying to relax now though.
I'm worried about Science and the difficulty of Triple science we started at the end of Year 10.
Original post by kennethdcharles
i only did stats and english lit in yr 10, i reckon i got an A* and a B respectively

Cool 😃What did you get for the stats coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Guy123

I've only taken English, Physics and Spanish CA's, and I know my results (apart from 1 English and 1 Spanish the Physics). I also did a half RS GCSE in year 9 lmao

English all A* but think I'm gonna get worse on the most recent
Physics probably B or A
Spanish All B's, hopefully will get an A but think I got a B.
RS A*
Reply 14
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Cool 😃What did you get for the stats coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile

34/40 - A*. How about you?
Original post by kennethdcharles
34/40 - A*. How about you?

Awesome,you should be proud. My teacher didn't say, but she did say my written task(the exam paper of the CA) was the best in the year 😎

So I'm hoping for an A* :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I only did one subject, statistics and I reckon I got an A, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This year I only did Biology and English Literature. I think I've achieved an A* in Biology, mainly because I'm not aiming for anything lower. English Literature is a harder subject for me so I'll be fine if I get an A. I've also done some coursework for English (got an A*) and Biology (also got an A*) and I'm still waiting to find out what I got in my Spanish speaking assessment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Awesome,you should be proud. My teacher didn't say, but she did say my written task(the exam paper of the CA) was the best in the year 😎

So I'm hoping for an A* :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest