The Student Room Group

girfriend is so overbearing

i am in a relationship with a 26 year old woman i met at work, i am two years older than her, she has started to start to become so overbearing. the most annoying thing is about underwear.she has recently decided that my boxer shorts were boring and started to replace them with briefs,/slips mostly from tesco plain and dull not designer The trouble is I hate the feeling of briefs and all my friends laugh when I get changed at the gymn. if i dont wear these briefs and tell her I want to go back to boxer shorts i know she will just yell at me, because she always inspects my draws, what shall i do? shall i just tell i want to wear boxers ?Why is she so against me wearing boxer shorts and be so overbearing any help on how to deal with a girlfriend like her?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Lol wtf. Is she your mum or your gf? Why is she buying you underwear?
Original post by darkred

she is my girlfriend just a overbearing one i know she should not be buying me underwear what can i do
Reply 3
Wow, just wear whatever underwear you want to wear, it's your choice. How would she feel if you started telling her what to wear, I don't think she'd like it very much!
I thought you were going to say she steals your boxers and wears them. Projection 10/10.

Umm you need to set boundaries with this girl. You need to communicate with each other what you do and don't like - and say to her clearly that while she might like briefs, you prefer boxers and you don't feel it's fair that she just swap out your things. What does she wear? Maybe see how she reacts to a hypothetical "imagine if I swapped all your pants to old granny pants, would you be okay with that?" How long have you been together for her to get unrestricted access to your underwear draw out of interest?

If she thinks boxers are boring maybe get some brightly coloured ones or patterned ones?
Reply 5
Dump that Bi*ch
Original post by james pendleton
i am in a relationship with a 26 year old woman i met at work, i am two years older than her, she has started to start to become so overbearing. the most annoying thing is about underwear.she has recently decided that my boxer shorts were boring and started to replace them with briefs,/slips mostly from tesco plain and dull not designer The trouble is I hate the feeling of briefs and all my friends laugh when I get changed at the gymn. if i dont wear these briefs and tell her I want to go back to boxer shorts i know she will just yell at me, because she always inspects my draws, what shall i do? shall i just tell i want to wear boxers ?Why is she so against me wearing boxer shorts and be so overbearing any help on how to deal with a girlfriend like her?

Mate you are 28 years old, grow a pair and tell her where to shove her briefs!
Original post by darkred

How dare you snatch what I was thinking and post it 7 hours before me :frown:
For a start, have you said anything/told her, or have you foregone saying anything to her?
Dump her... She can't control you like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
shall i just tell i want to wear boxers ?

Um, yes. Yes you should. It's all very well to tell us how 'overbearing' she is, but if you haven't actually communicated the most basic fact in this situation then it's hard to see this as being about her, really.
I think the reason this issue keeps happening is because you haven't even told her about it.
Communication, it'll help. And set some boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats pretty wierd. Buy her some granny pants and insist she wears them? Or tell her that you dont like briefs cause it hurts your balls.
Reply 13

Why did she decide that your boxer shorts were boring? Since when is she in charge of what you wear underneath? You should be able to wear whatever you want. I understand that she's your girlfriend and all but you shouldn't have to change your underwear just because it doesn't satisfy her. It would be a complete different story if you decided to tell her not to wear a certain type of underwear because you said "it look boring" or turn around and swap her knickers for the style she hates and see what the reaction is.

Your 28 years old and you should be able to wear and not need permission whatever you want to and you need to tell her straight and explain why you prefer boxer shorts but if she's gonna be controlling what you wear, I recommend that you do the same to her and she'll soon realise on how you feel or other alternative, you can buy different patterned of boxer shorts

Quick Reply