The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kawserinho
Is your predicted BBB or did the Uni say you need to get BBB to get in?

They said I needed BBB to get in
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Congratulations all. Should I apply for Kent's History with Politics/Law with predicted grades of ABC? I understand you need ABB and I could possibly achieve that. Will a Personal Statement that hangs towards more of a History/Politics subject be allowed if I apply for History with Law? Thanks in advance.
Original post by BIMMERBENZ
Congratulations all. Should I apply for Kent's History with Politics/Law with predicted grades of ABC? I understand you need ABB and I could possibly achieve that. Will a Personal Statement that hangs towards more of a History/Politics subject be allowed if I apply for History with Law? Thanks in advance.

Predicted grades of one below are fine. With predicted grades of ABB I've managed to get AAB offers from Kent for Psychology, as well as Warwick and Lancaster.
I have an offer for English & American lit with creative writing and a year abroad! It took 4 days :smile: ! So excited
Original post by jshep000
They said I needed BBB to get in

Do you do A levels Maths and is there an interview?
Do you do A levels Maths and is there an interview?

Yeah I do A level maths, economics and doing AS and A2 Applied Business in one year. No there is no interview for my offer.
I have an offer of BBB to study English and American Literature with an approved year abroad less than a day after I sent my UCAS off!
Reply 87
got a conditional offer of BBB for hispanic studies!! :smile:
Original post by abfc1234
got a conditional offer of BBB for hispanic studies!! :smile:

well done! suerte can tus exams. me gustaria aprender espanol a la universidad as a 'other module outside of main discipline' pero no ! it's a beautiful language quoi !
Original post by francescabonnici
I have an offer of BBB to study English and American Literature with an approved year abroad less than a day after I sent my UCAS off!

Kent have been giving out offers soo quick !! I think maybe it's to encourage people to go there, they've been giving offers to people with lower predicted grades too

good luck with your other choices!
I've applied for Physics with foundation year at Kent, school hasn't sent it off for final yet I wish they would hurry :frown:
Original post by francescabonnici

Congrats! I got an offer today for German and English and American Literature (what a mouthful!) :biggrin:
I applied today for anthropology with a year in Japan.. Anyone know when I'm likely to receive an offer?
Applied to Kent for Accounting and Finance (requires ABB), my predicted are AAA in Business, Law and ICT however I achieved a grade C for GCSE Maths but the course requires a B, I'm going to retake my Maths in May/June 2016. Do you think Kent will reject me on the basis I only have a C in Maths or will they give me an offer as I am retaking and my predicted is higher than the requirements?
Do you think Kent will reject me on the basis I only have a C in Maths

I can assure you the answer is no
Original post by beyknowles2
I can assure you the answer is no

why?
why?

Because it really isn't that important. You're clearly an able student and you(r predicted grades) exceed the entry requirements in terms of A levels, so they won't care that you got a C in GCSE Maths and not a B. Especially if you make it known that you're resitting.
Original post by beyknowles2
Because it really isn't that important. You're clearly an able student and you(r predicted grades) exceed the entry requirements in terms of A levels, so they won't care that you got a C in GCSE Maths and not a B. Especially if you make it known that you're resitting.

Thanks, I hope so because I really want to go Kent! What will you apply for and which unis ?
I applied to Kent for Psychology (requires AAB) and I got an offer of AAB, my predicted grades are only ABB and i'm unsure whether I'll get AAB but i've heard that quite a lot of people haven't reached the grades when it comes to doing the exams and Kent have still accepted them. My hearts set on going to Kent, but I don't what to do- is it worth me putting Kent as my firm choice?
Original post by reganmichards
I applied to Kent for Psychology (requires AAB) and I got an offer of AAB, my predicted grades are only ABB and i'm unsure whether I'll get AAB but i've heard that quite a lot of people haven't reached the grades when it comes to doing the exams and Kent have still accepted them. My hearts set on going to Kent, but I don't what to do- is it worth me putting Kent as my firm choice?

If your hearts set on Kent then choose Kent as your firm, if you achieve ABB they may end up taking u on probably! For insurance uni choose a ABB uni to be safe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending