The Student Room Group

Starting a society?

I was thinking of starting my own society I was looking for one to join as I would be starting my second year in September and found it really hard to be social as I had a rough start but nothing seemed to interest me as there didn't seem to be a lot on the Manchester student union site.

The purpose of this society would be to make friends, just meeting up watching anime or movies, reading manga/comic books, playing video games and planning things for us to do even if it's just going for a few drinks every so often but hopefully other things.
But I'm unsure whether a society would be approved and if it is what I would do and how I would get people to join.

I don't really have a clue on how to run it so yeah would be awesome to get some advice and would be even more awesome if anyone wants to start one with me. :smile: but I'm just getting ahead of myself xD

Would any Manchester students want to join a society like this or do you think it's lame?
(edited 8 years ago)
Not sure why this is in the Relationships section, but, meh...

I am sure there would be a society for this kind of thing anyway, surely your uni (whichever one it is) has a manga/anime society or a video games society etc...
My uni has all of these societies but I have learned to stay weeeeeell far away from the video gaming society... competitiveness taken to a whole other level and I can say some of them are REALLY sore losers...
Reply 2
Original post by Scienceisgood
Not sure why this is in the Relationships section, but, meh...

I am sure there would be a society for this kind of thing anyway, surely your uni (whichever one it is) has a manga/anime society or a video games society etc...
My uni has all of these societies but I have learned to stay weeeeeell far away from the video gaming society... competitiveness taken to a whole other level and I can say some of them are REALLY sore losers...

Sorry, I wasn't sure to put it in

I was checking a lot seem like they might have ended as there was nothing on them just said this page can not be found so that confused me a little o.O

Well don't want **** going down, just want people to be chill anyways I can always take another look closer to term time might be nout there become of summer break.

Quick Reply

Latest