The Student Room Group

Do you miss school?

Do you ever miss school?

I've always felt around August time during the summer holidays that I want to go back to school. By this point, I feel I've had about enough time to chill.

It may sound incredibly strange to want to be at school, but you get to see friends and especially subject teachers. They are interested and knowledgeable about their fields. The routine is quite fun and you can do things during lunch times too.

I guess I'm pretty boring. :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hell yeah school was great ...you could bunk off.
Not even a little.

Occasionally I miss sixth form, but mostly that's a twinge of nostalgia for the Inbetweeners type moments and laughs rather than the daily drag of A levels and so on.
Lol, I thought you meant do you miss being a school child as opposed to being an adult as I am. The demographic of this forum is getting younger and younger, I'll start getting labelled as a creepy older guy soon :lol:
tbh I used to miss school in the summers while I was at secondary but now I'm in sixth form...

nty I don't miss ****ing A levels
I've nothin to be at durin the summer like, I need school to occupy me
Original post by N-R-G
Hell yeah school was great ...you could bunk off.

Oh, dear... :tongue:

I wouldn't miss school. GCSE was fun anyway, but everyone knows they're relatively easy compared to university studies. xD
I've now finished Year 13 and yes.
Reply 8
Original post by stableintegral
Oh, dear... :tongue:

I wouldn't miss school. GCSE was fun anyway, but everyone knows they're relatively easy compared to university studies. xD

I had to leave before GCSE's in the final year so I missed that. Instead I was learning about crime.
Original post by Democracy
Not even a little.

Occasionally I miss sixth form, but mostly that's a twinge of nostalgia for the Inbetweeners type moments and laughs rather than the daily drag of A levels and so on.

I wonder what memories I'll make during VI Form. Probably average ones, really. AS/A2 studies apparently take over your entire lifestyle. (If you really want to guarantee doing well.)

Did you feel you chose the right A-Level options - or the wrong ones?
Original post by WoodyMKC
Lol, I thought you meant do you miss being a school child as opposed to being an adult as I am. The demographic of this forum is getting younger and younger, I'll start getting labelled as a creepy older guy soon :lol:

Well, this site does have dedicated sections for GCSE and A-Level students. :tongue:
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
tbh I used to miss school in the summers while I was at secondary but now I'm in sixth form...

nty I don't miss ****ing A levels

What A-Levels did you study?
I wonder what memories I'll make during VI Form. Probably average ones, really. AS/A2 studies apparently take over your entire lifestyle. (If you really want to guarantee doing well.)

Did you feel you chose the right A-Level options - or the wrong ones?

It shouldn't do tbh - you should still have plenty of time to go out with friends, do silly things, make a fool of yourself, maybe learn to drive etc. Plenty of "first times" to experience around 16-18!
Original post by Idontlikeict
I've nothin to be at durin the summer like, I need school to occupy me

I know what you mean. But this might well be one of my last holidays where I'm truly free. I think it'll be hard to catch a break after this, so I do appreciate the free time I have now. But it's just as boring to be overworked as it is to be really bored. :biggrin:
went to the biggest sixth form in uk and miss it soooo much
Sometimes I miss secondary school because it was so easy; didn't have to work at all. Just finished my AS year and don't miss sixth form at all. It's been extremely stressful this year. Wouldn't mind if the holidays were extended a month or two longer
Original post by Democracy
It shouldn't do tbh - you should still have plenty of time to go out with friends, do silly things, make a fool of yourself, maybe learn to drive etc. Plenty of "first times" to experience around 16-18!

Making a fool of myself? :tongue: I'm really shy, so I doubt I have the confidence to do those things. Hehe. (My idea of being silly is telling a really bad joke that only I have the knowledge to understand, laugh at my own joke and then pretend it was the best joke in the world. I know - how wild! :giggle:)

Mm. I think I will probably get super obsessed and overwork myself... then get super tired, burnout and fail AS.

Nah, but I'll try to find some kind of balance. Maybe. xD
i do miss school and if i could go back in time knowing what i do now i would in order to live my life over the way i want to.
Original post by Comeback
I've now finished Year 13 and yes.

What did you enjoy most about VI Form?
What A-Levels did you study?

Literature, psychology, biology and computing.

Quick Reply

Latest