The Student Room Group

Is there something wrong me?

I just don't understand. I'm a kind-hearted, caring, funny and an ambitious person who would try their best to make somebody happy. Yet, the person is the complete opposite.

All of my relationships has resulted to me leaving, because I had enough of them abusing my emotions and treating me wrongly.

The experiences just makes me feel ugly and resentful to relationships. It came to a point where I convinced myself that I will never be treated right or loved by anybody and therefore, I gave up on the idea of settling down with somebody special.

I have also been severely bullied in the past, which also contributes to my anxiety and trust issues.

I opened up in my past relationships and at the end, they either betray or neglect me.

Even when I try to make friends, they do the same thing and that's why I am not too keen on friendship. So, I don't know how I am going to manage in university.

I'm afraid of taking chances, because of the past experiences and I just isolated myself from everybody.

I don't think I can give my heart to somebody.

Do you think there's something wrong with me?

(Please, be mature with your responses)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I just don't understand. I'm a kind-hearted, caring, funny and an ambitious person who would try their best to make somebody happy. Yet, the person is the complete opposite.

All of my relationships has resulted to me leaving, because I had enough of them abusing my emotions and treating me wrongly.

The experiences just makes me feel ugly and resentful to relationships. It came to a point where I convinced myself that I will never be treated right or loved by anybody and therefore, I gave up on the idea of settling down with somebody special.

I have also been severely bullied in the past, which also contributes to my anxiety and trust issues.

I opened up in my past relationships and at the end, they either betray or neglect me.

Even when I try to make friends, they do the same thing and that's why I am not too keen on friendship. So, I don't know how I am going to manage in university.

I'm afraid of taking chances, because of the past experiences and I just isolated myself from everybody.

From reading your post, I do not think there is anything wrong with you and it seems as though you have just met the 'wrong' people as it were. You seem like a very nice person who wants the best for people. Unfortunately, people like you described do exist, and what you do by leaving them is the right thing as it'll damage you in the long run. I apologise for being cliche here, but the best thing to do is wait, and be yourself, treat people how you would like to be treated (although it seems like you do this already) and eventually the right person will come and make you happy :smile:

As for going to university, you express concern about not finding friends etc which is completely normal, but the thing to realise is that there are about 15,000 + students at university, chances are not everyone is the same. (Returning to my point above), you will find a good friend be it at your halls or on your course :smile: Just be patient and be yourself :smile:

Hope I offered some sort of reassurance :smile:

Anton.
What age are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

When you say they betray or neglect you what does that mean? These are quite strong words can you put them in a bit more context please.

I would tell you though at uni do try and talk to people and slowly break out of your shell. Hiding yourself away not challenging yourself at best will only hurt you. There will always be people who may hurt you intentionally or not. Life is about picking yourself up and moving on and progressing not hiding away.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by tohaaaa
From reading your post, I do not think there is anything wrong with you and it seems as though you have just met the 'wrong' people as it were. You seem like a very nice person who wants the best for people. Unfortunately, people like you described do exist, and what you do by leaving them is the right thing as it'll damage you in the long run. I apologise for being cliche here, but the best thing to do is wait, and be yourself, treat people how you would like to be treated (although it seems like you do this already) and eventually the right person will come and make you happy :smile:As for going to university, you express concern about not finding friends etc which is completely normal, but the thing to realise is that there are about 15,000 + students at university, chances are not everyone is the same. (Returning to my point above), you will find a good friend be it at your halls or on your course :smile: Just be patient and be yourself :smile:Hope I offered some sort of reassurance :smile: Anton.

I completely agree with everything you have said.

The "wrong" ones is the people that I strangely attract, rather than the kind ones.

Its the fear of it happening again is what's holding me back.

Definitely going to keep reading over it, whenever I feel down.

Thank you so much, Anton :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by katierattray
What age are you? Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 6
Original post by Mancini
When you say they betray or neglect you what does that mean? These are quite strong words can you put them in a bit more context please.

I would tell you though at uni do try and talk to people and slowly break out of your shell. Hiding yourself away not challenging yourself at best will only hurt you. There will always be people who may hurt you intentionally or not. Life is about picking yourself up and moving on and progressing not hiding away.

There's a very fitting quote for this:

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

But the poster above makes a very good point :smile:
Reply 7
I completely agree with everything you have said.

The "wrong" ones is the people that I strangely attract, rather than the kind ones.

Its the fear of it happening again is what's holding me back.

Definitely going to keep reading over it, whenever I feel down.

Thank you so much, Anton :smile:

No problem, happy to help :smile:

Anton.
Reply 8
Original post by Mancini
When you say they betray or neglect you what does that mean? These are quite strong words can you put them in a bit more context please.I would tell you though at uni do try and talk to people and slowly break out of your shell. Hiding yourself away not challenging yourself at best will only hurt you. There will always be people who may hurt you intentionally or not. Life is about picking yourself up and moving on and progressing not hiding away.

Like, there was one guy who I was dating and I opened up to him. Then, I found out that he cheated on me, lied about his age and lied to his ex gf that we weren't dating. I confronted him and he troed to deny everything. I felt betrayed, because I told him things that I hardly share to people whiles he was doing all this nonsense behind my back. Now, after I broke up with him, that's when he started exposing my business and using what I shared with him against me saying "Thank God that all this happened to you" etc. All that time we was talking, he's being living a double life and flirting with other people. He never even spent time to listen to me and will instantly reject these kind of conversations.

The last relationship that I got out of recently was even worse. When the guy is feeling some type of way, he doesn't respond to my messages or calls. With his stubborn attitude, he only responds when he feels like it. I've sent him countless messages and called him so many times, and he deliberately ignores them. He's an extreme workaholic, and literally everyone has been trying to get him to take days off. So, as the relationship progressed, he just neglected the whole relationship and stopped talking to me. The last time we ever spoke properly was early June.

Haven't heard from him since, but I know that he is alive because I see him working and on his phone every second so, I just ended the whole thing.

Again, he's another one who loves to throw insults like "I hope you never reach your ambition".

You're right, I have to break out of shell and also my past.

I think the issue is that I'm living in the past, and it's not healthy at all.

Thanks for that
Reply 9
Original post by tohaaaa
There's a very fitting quote for this:"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

But the poster above makes a very good point :smile:

You taught me something new
Like, there was one guy who I was dating and I opened up to him. Then, I found out that he cheated on me, lied about his age and lied to his ex gf that we weren't dating. I confronted him and he troed to deny everything. I felt betrayed, because I told him things that I hardly share to people whiles he was doing all this nonsense behind my back. Now, after I broke up with him, that's when he started exposing my business and using what I shared with him against me saying "Thank God that all this happened to you" etc. All that time we was talking, he's being living a double life and flirting with other people. He never even spent time to listen to me and will instantly reject these kind of conversations.

The last relationship that I got out of recently was even worse. When the guy is feeling some type of way, he doesn't respond to my messages or calls. With his stubborn attitude, he only responds when he feels like it. I've sent him countless messages and called him so many times, and he deliberately ignores them. He's an extreme workaholic, and literally everyone has been trying to get him to take days off. So, as the relationship progressed, he just neglected the whole relationship and stopped talking to me. The last time we ever spoke properly was early June.

Haven't heard from him since, but I know that he is alive because I see him working and on his phone every second so, I just ended the whole thing.

Again, he's another one who loves to throw insults like "I hope you never reach your ambition".

Thanks for that

:console:

You've gone through some tough experiences. As tough as it might sound, you just have to keep looking until you find someone nice.
You taught me something new

Haha, you're welcome I guess :smile:
If you want to talk with someone I'm here if you want to PM me. :smile:
Reply 12

Thanks for that

You should just forget about them don't give your private thoughts to people just because you date them. Look for that person who actually asks you how you are when you look down or has real interest in your life.

I find it hard myself to talk to people about personal things, I have only really talked to one girl about personal stuff and that's because I trust her and I'm not even dating her, she also asks me for advice sometimes.

Also the second guy sounds like he may be emotionally stunted some guys are like this never change emotionally , immature or find it hard to talk he sounds like a fool though. Just be aware that not all guys are emotionally developed well and long talks on the phone or texts are not always something of interest.

In my case I only bother having long conversations with girls who stimulate my mind. Find something to help you clear stress, some form of exercise, a hobby.
Original post by SeanFM
:console:You've gone through some tough experiences. As tough as it might sound, you just have to keep looking until you find someone nice.

People don't show their true colours, until you've known them for a while. If I knew they were like this, I wouldn't even think once about dating them.

But, I learnt my lesson.

Thank you so much!
No, there's nothing wrong with you.
You just met some people who weren't kind, and decided to hurt your feelings.
You're human and it may put you off to love again, open up and accept someone into your heart...

But know this that no one person is the same and you cannot give up :smile:
You're in university, slowly interact with others more and stay true to yourself, the right kind of people will be attracted to you ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mancini
You should just forget about them don't give your private thoughts to people just because you date them. Look for that person who actually asks you how you are when you look down or has real interest in your life.

I find it hard myself to talk to people about personal things, I have only really talked to one girl about personal stuff and that's because I trust her and I'm not even dating her, she also asks me for advice sometimes.

Also the second guy sounds like he may be emotionally stunted some guys are like this never change emotionally , immature or find it hard to talk he sounds like a fool though. Just be aware that not all guys are emotionally developed well and long talks on the phone or texts are not always something of interest.

In my case I only bother having long conversations with girls who stimulate my mind. Find something to help you clear stress, some form of exercise, a hobby.

Thats one of the mistakes I made by trusting a guy that I date, and not realising that they may not be there forever.

It's nice to know that you understand the feeling of not being able to open up to everyone, but just a selective few.

You are right, I should forget about those jerks.

The second guy has a strong persona that I can't handle. His stubbornness, blunt with his responses and always wants to be in control. It came to a point where he was telling me what to do and where to go etc. All his family is stubborn and he told me that he is most stubborn one of them all. So, I instantly thought that's a bad sign and that it won't work out. I agree that texts and calls are not always something of interest. But, he wouldn't make time for us to go somewhere together and talk. He thought that spending time working with him is "quality time". I don't think he will ever change his ways, so staying would be a waste of time and more hurt.

I get what you mean about stimulating the mind. It can be very relaxing and helps you to forget things.

i sort of found a hobby through reading and watching TV programmes etc.

Thank you so much for that :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending