The Student Room Group

Best way to sneeze.

I just sneezed. I have found over the years that the best way to sneeze is to keep your mouth shut so all the force is pushed through your nose. If you leave you mouth open then the sneeze doesn't have the desired effect. :colonhash:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For me it feels more forceful if I have my mouth open to exaggerate the 'achoo' :colone:
Thank you. So much. You are a star. Honestly.
Original post by Alex621
For me it feels more forceful if I have my mouth open to exaggerate the 'achoo' :colone:

That's what she said.
Original post by Some Bad Karma
Thank you. So much. You are a star. Honestly.

That's what she said.
I find it how funny some people sneeze like mouses and then there's with a lion sneeze

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just say "Pineapple" and it comes out very nicely :smile:
I've heard there's dangers to trying to prevent sneezing...

(I haven't done any further research though, so don't quote me for studies or statistics. It's still worthwhile to check it out though.)
Into hand or arm, if you must? I mostly do arm.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Just say "Pineapple" and it comes out very nicely :smile:

Tried a mock sneeze and saying pineapple just makes me sound possessed :frown: :frown: am I ok
My natural sneeze comes out as a high pitched gentle "achoo" :colonhash:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Tried a mock sneeze and saying pineapple just makes me sound possessed :frown: :frown: am I ok

Well you have to kind of say "Pi.....piiii.....piiiiii.....piiinaaaaaplleeea aaaaacchhhhhhoooooooo" :smile: is makes you sound possessed? I think you may be saying it wrong :redface:
Loudly and suddenly in a claustrophobic space with lots of people present.

Do it into the crook of your arm though. You're trying to make people **** themselves, not give them the plague.
Original post by william walker
I just sneezed. I have found over the years that the best way to sneeze is to keep your mouth shut so all the force is pushed through your nose. If you leave you mouth open then the sneeze doesn't have the desired effect. :colonhash:

keep mouth shut??
that sends either the hugest, harshest sneeze up my nose
or it comes out the other end.

I let it all hang out. I sound like I'm doing karate like AH CHAII!!!!

But I do sneeze in my inner elbow. That groove between the upper and forearm.

I have the most powerful sneezes that knock you out your chair or into the next person, i don't give a ****.
I just had that moment when you think you're going to sneeze and your nose gets all tickly and you start to anticipate this amazing sneeze but then it just doesn't happen :bawling: biggest anticlimax.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecatwithnohat

LOOOOOOOOOL! xD
I am enjoying these post. :biggrin:
It's always best to sneeze in a tissue (though you can probably get away with sneezing into the air without a tissue if you're at home or if you're outdoors, out in the wide open when no one is around you). If you don't have a tissue, then hold your sneeze, suppress it.
Sneezing with your mouth shuts gets loads of snot and **** in the front of your mouth which is just yuck. You want as much of that **** as possible to come out.
on the person next to you

Quick Reply

Latest