The Student Room Group
Reply 1
prasad00121
for doing an MBA in US how much of formal education is required

That is 15 or 16 years bcoz i am totally confused some say its 16 yrs but it has been changed to 15 yrs last yr
so please if any1 has the confirmation tht its 15 or 16 pls help me out as soon as possible
thanx in advance

The years are meaningless. You need to have the equivalent to a Bachelors degree.
Reply 2
and probably some relevent work experience showing leadership skills etc..
Reply 3
Zerox
and probably some relevent work experience showing leadership skills etc..

Yeah, obviously. I was referring to education requirements.
Reply 4
kk, i was just tellin the op because it wouldnt seem that he knows all that much about it
Reply 5
For admission into a top MBA programme, they look for nothing short of three years of experience. Competition is evidently intense.
Reply 6
A Bachelors degree and a fat check book are the main requirements.
Reply 7
Knogle
For admission into a top MBA programme, they look for nothing short of three years of experience. Competition is evidently intense.

not strictly true, a number of the top programs will offer positions to college seniors who have shown 'outstanding leadership' and i presume done an internship or two and had a bit of business experience. Harvard and Yale both offer this, as do a number of others. There are also those that specifically say you must have x years of experience.
Yale is not a top MBA program, for the record.
Harvard says it accepts people straight from undergrad but in reality:
1. it's very rare
2. the majority who they accept then defer for 2-3 years and work
3. you really should have founded your own company or NGO during undergrad if you expect to have a realistic chance, in addition to near perfect grades and GMAT scores

Latest

Trending

Trending