The Student Room Group

Will girls not like me because I'm not a Feminist?

Will girls not like me when they find out I'm not a Feminist?

Are all girls Feminists? Would you date a guy who isn't Feminist?

Scroll to see replies

In what sense are you not a feminist? Do you just not subscribe to the modern feminist movement, or do you believe women should be locked in the kitchen at birth?

If the former, you should be absolutely fine with the majority of girls. The label is irrelevant, really - most people just want a partner who is a decent human being and who respects them according to how they behave rather than how they were born.
Reply 2
Original post by Octohedral
In what sense are you not a feminist? Do you just not subscribe to the modern feminist movement, or do you believe women should be locked in the kitchen at birth?

If the former, you should be absolutely fine with the majority of girls. The label is irrelevant, really - most people just want a partner who is a decent human being and who respects them according to how they behave rather than how they were born.

The former, obviously.
Original post by Anonymous
The former, obviously.

How old are you?
Reply 4
Original post by Little Popcorns
How old are you?

Will girls not like me when they find out I'm not a Feminist?

Are all girls Feminists? Would you date a guy who isn't Feminist?

I'm a girl and I'm definitely not a feminist :smile:and I would date non feminists.
I am not a feminist, I always make fun of feminists in real life, I have a girlfriend (who is not a feminist) and always get girls flirting with me lol. I get girls coming up to me at parties making fun of feminists randomly as conversation starters (srs).

Why would you want to date a feminist as a man anyway? You're literally dating someone who hates you. It's like dating a racist who hates you because of your skin colour lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ChickenMadness
I am not a feminist, I always make fun of feminists in real life, I have a girlfriend (who is not a feminist) and always get girls flirting with me lol. I get girls coming up to me at parties making fun of feminists randomly as conversation starters (srs).

One day I'll meet a girl like yours ... so far I've had no luck, they've all been Feminist women :/
One day I'll meet a girl like yours ... so far I've had no luck, they've all been Feminist women :/

Are you on a psychology course or something? lol. Most normal girls aren't feminists.
Reply 9
Are you on a psychology course or something? lol. Most normal girls aren't feminists.

I'm on a social science course, so yeah most of the students are women and are really Feminist-orientated.

I remember disagree with a point the lecturer made when we were studying Feminist Criminology, and everyone gave me the deadeye haha!

I did catch the eye of this really gorgeous girl after my exams, but that's about it for the moment.
I'm on a social science course, so yeah most of the students are women and are really Feminist-orientated.

I remember disagree with a point the lecturer made when we were studying Feminist Criminology, and everyone gave me the deadeye haha!

I did catch the eye of this really gorgeous girl after my exams, but that's about it for the moment.

ye you need to get out and meet people from other courses. You're pretty much on a feminist course lol. (you dun goofed with course decision imo)
Feminism = belief that men and women are equal. If you aren't a feminist, you believe women are worth less than you are. If your girlfriend isn't a feminist, she isn't well educated in what it actually means.
Twitter feminism isn't the be all and end all. Being a feminist does NOT mean you hate men. That is the opposite, because feminism is about concern for equality of all genders - including male/trans/non-binary.

You are young and you will realise that this was a really dumb thing to ask in a couple of years when you are in the real world. Equally, those girls will stop thinking that 'man hating' is ever going to be a progressive movement.

If you aren't a feminist, you shouldn't have a girlfriend, because no woman deserves to be with a man who thinks her life is worth less than his.
Girls prefer non-feminists. What girls say they want:

What girls really want:

Original post by ChancedTravels
Feminism = belief that men and women are equal. If you aren't a feminist, you believe women are worth less than you are. If your girlfriend isn't a feminist, she isn't well educated in what it actually means.
Twitter feminism isn't the be all and end all. Being a feminist does NOT mean you hate men. That is the opposite, because feminism is about concern for equality of all genders - including male/trans/non-binary.

You are young and you will realise that this was a really dumb thing to ask in a couple of years when you are in the real world. Equally, those girls will stop thinking that 'man hating' is ever going to be a progressive movement.

If you aren't a feminist, you shouldn't have a girlfriend, because no woman deserves to be with a man who thinks her life is worth less than his.

Now this is the type of girl you want to actively avoid and not invite to your parties since she'l kill all the joy that anyone experiences and complain about the music being misogynistic.
Now this is the type of girl you want to actively avoid and not invite to your parties since she'l kill all the joy that anyone experiences and complain about the music being misogynistic.

I'd avoid her like the plague ... she reminds me of my social theory lecturer!
Reply 15
well, feminism is basically just believing that women and men are equal? so if you don't feel that way then no, no chance I could date someone that believes they are superior based on their sex :smile:
Feminism isn't just about the "petty" things, it deals strongly with the inequality suffered in third world countries! Feminism also covers inequalities faced by men such as hypermasculinity which is an ever growing problem, so no feminism isn't poisonous like many people try to make out, it's necessary.
(there's a difference between being a feminist and a misandrist)
Reply 16
There are plenty of non brainwashed women out there, as for the feminists because they are so outspoken they are as easy to spot like a puddle in the street. Meaning you don't even have to engage them.

Judge a women by her character though not just what they say. When I say character I actually mean her actions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xe0n
well, feminism is basically just believing that women and men are equal? so if you don't feel that way then no, no chance I could date someone that believes they are superior based on their sex :smile:
Feminism isn't just about the "petty" things, it deals strongly with the inequality suffered in third world countries! Feminism also covers inequalities faced by men such as hypermasculinity which is an ever growing problem, so no feminism isn't poisonous like many people try to make out, it's necessary.
(there's a difference between being a feminist and a misandrist)

But I can choose to not be a Feminist and still believe in equal rights for women ... I just don't want this stupid, banal label.
Original post by ChancedTravels

I'm all for equality and all, but does it end there? Do you also actively detest anything that may be viewed as demeaning towards a woman, e.g. would you frown on me for driving past you playing Lil Jon - Bitches Ain't Sh1t out of my window?
You only see feminists spouting their views on the internet and in feminist studies courses because no one in the real world likes them :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending