The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

NTSU access for Confetti?

Hi, I'm a little bit confused about freshers in terms of, "will I be able to take part?". You see I'm going to be studying at Confetti in September, but the course is provided through De Montfort in Leicester. However, Confetti has just been bought by Nottingham Trent. And what I've learned tells me that Confetti students, even before the recent purchase, were allowed in to the Student Union at Nottingham Trent and allowed to join societies etc. that were run by NTSU. Since Confetti is in Nottingham and not in Leicester.

Anyway I'm asking if anyone can clear this up for me, do Confetti students have access to NTSU and the subsequent events like freshers?
Reply 1
Is your confetti going to cost £53,000 over 3 years. If it is you should think again. Try gambling on the horses. Same result
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi danh951

I'll check with our NTSU and Admissions team and let you know.

Thanks
Erica
Hi danh951

I've been told that the most comprehensive set of FAQs is on the Confetti website here: http://confetti.uk.com/nottingham-trent-university-becomes-parent-confetti-media-group/

As you can see under 'I'm a DMU student, will anything change for me?' - it's only students starting in September 2016 who are formally NTU students. As you're starting this year, you'll be a DMU student instead. Saying this, you're always welcome to drop in to our Students' Union. You can use the facilities, have a coffee, connect up to the WiFi and even join the gym (gym staff will be able to tell you whether you'll qualify for student or member of the public rates).

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Erica
Reply 4
Thanks Erica, just another quick question, in Confetti's FAQ they state under "Does Confetti have a Student Bar?" it says: "While we don’t have our own Student Union bar, we have an arrangement with Nottingham Trent University (also based in the city centre) which enables Confetti students to access their SU facilities, including sports clubs, societies, and of course the bar! In addition, we have a range of activities organised for you in Antenna, next door, including GameCity nights, film showings and music events. You’re also automatically a member of the DMU Student Union if ever you fancy catching a direct train for a night out in Leicester." So does that mean that I can join a sports team if I wish, join a society, buy a freshers band etc.? Or is it inaccurate or misleading me? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending