The Student Room Group

When do unis start replying?

Sooooo results day is round the corner... Track will not update until tomorrow?? When do unis start confirming our places?

Scroll to see replies

I got my acceptance on results day that letter was brilliant.
Original post by Bybella
Sooooo results day is round the corner... Track will not update until tomorrow?? When do unis start confirming our places?

I think they will start replying from the results day. Waiting patiently till then 🙇🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bybella

On results day!
If you are taking A levels, you will not see anything until the morning of results day.
Track re-opens with Uni decisions at approx 7am.
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are taking A levels, you will not see anything until the morning of results day.
Track re-opens with Uni decisions at approx 7am.

8am.
Original post by Bybella

Some unis will send out an email at midnight confirming your place so you may know then, but track won't re open until the morning. As long as you have met your offer, it should be updated by noon at the very latest.
Original post by Roving Fish
8am.

Betcha it's 7:30am the same as the promised live time for Adviser Track (can't have schools knowing uni decisions before applicants)
Original post by Sam280297
Some unis will send out an email at midnight confirming your place so you may know then, but track won't re open until the morning. As long as you have met your offer, it should be updated by noon at the very latest.

No universities are allowed to disclose decisions until after 6am. That is the embargo time on the contract they sign with UCAS and the exam boards.

If something goes out earlier then someone ****ed up.

And there's no incentive for universities to send out emails when there is noone on the phones to handle queries. It's a very brave uni that sends a mass email before 8am.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PQ
Betcha it's 7:30am the same as the promised live time for Adviser Track (can't have schools knowing uni decisions before applicants)

There's always an official time, and it goes live some time before that. I think it went live at about 6.50am in my year which then meant I had to kill an hour and a bit before going up to school to find out what had gone on. My insurance (AAB) had gone unconditional but my firm (AAA) was still conditional. So I knew I had a uni place but I had no idea of my grades. Turns out I'd got A*AB and therefore not automatically got into my firm. I spent more than two hours on the phone trying to get through to my firm to find out what was going on and they said I was in. Nightmare!
Original post by PQ

Allegedly, results day will go like this:

12th August 6pm - Clearing vacancies live via UCAS search
13th August 6am - Social media starts
7.30am - Adviser track life and contact centre opens
8am - 'Restricted' track live
5pm - 'Full' track released, can put your clearing offer in
8pm - Contact centre and social media closes

I know that you already know this, but will be useful for those just looking around and aren't sure themselves... :smile:

The lady seemed confident that this would be the precise timings and that nothing would happen to shut UCAS or Track down on the day. We shall see! :lol:
Original post by PQ
No universities are allowed to disclose decisions until after 6am. That is the embargo time on the contract they sign with UCAS and the exam boards.

If something goes out earlier then someone ****ed up.

I've seen people say they've got an email at midnight, so either they do send them out early, or they were lying
I've seen people say they've got an email at midnight, so either they do send them out early, or they were lying

Schools and Colleges can email grades from Midnight onwards.

Many don't, for the fact that you can't actually do something until the morning so there's no point in having their students running around like headless chickens through the night with no advice or support.

As I say. Universities **** up. They have a contract that says no disclosure prior to 6am.
Original post by PQ
As I say. Universities **** up. They have a contract that says no disclosure prior to 6am.

It was funny to hear some of the uni **** ups yesterday. From a :facepalm: kinda view, not from an applicant perspective.
It was funny to hear some of the uni **** ups yesterday. From a :facepalm: kinda view, not from an applicant perspective.

Telling people early is kind of nothing compared to accidentally sending acceptances to 400 applicants. *cough*exeter*cough*

Oh and next week UCAS are going to scare the pants of loads of applicants with their annual "how clearing work"/"endsleigh pay us a ****load to send this leaflets " mailing.
So I am guessing Unis with their own portals with your offer aren't allowed to update them before 6am then? *Hopes they break the rules*
Original post by PQ
Telling people early is kind of nothing compared to accidentally sending acceptances to 400 applicants. *cough*exeter*cough*

The prime example! Or not deciding for a few weeks and then rejecting everyone! *cough*durham*cough*
Original post by PQ
Oh and next week UCAS are going to scare the pants of loads of applicants with their annual "how clearing work"/"endsleigh pay us a ****load to send this leaflets " mailing.

Endsleigh are strategically based in Cheltenham as well - I like to assume that they go for High Tea together before results season to discuss their mailshots.

This year, not sure if it was the same for 2014-15 year, they're not going to be sending out UCAS confirmation letters either 'to cut down on returned mail/costs'.

Quick Reply