The Student Room Group

When do unis start replying?

Scroll to see replies

7am/8am earliest on results day. Then it stays frozen until 12 apparently. Don't know how to make time fly.. 10 days...:s-smilie:
Original post by Penguinfarts
So I am guessing Unis with their own portals with your offer aren't allowed to update them before 6am then? *Hopes they break the rules*

No they shouldn't do really. Track will be up at 8am so try not to be up to early/ do an all nighter whilst pushing the refresh button:P :smile:
Original post by RevisionNad
7am/8am earliest on results day. Then it stays frozen until 12 apparently. Don't know how to make time fly.. 10 days...:s-smilie:

This is a very important point. If Track doesn't update for you at 7:30am then sitting there hammering the refresh button won't get you anywhere. It's a case of getting your results ASAP and IF you've missed your offer ringing your unis (if you met your offer and Track hasn't updated relax, treat yourself to a celebratory Nandos for lunch and if Track isn't sorted by 1pm ring to check when it'll be sorted/make sure your grades got through ok).
Original post by PQ
Telling people early is kind of nothing compared to accidentally sending acceptances to 400 applicants. *cough*exeter*cough*

When Sprog 1 was applying, a well known RG university *not very quiet voice* Manchester* sent out invitations (by post - this was ten years ago) to an applicants' open day to everyone on the reject pile, and rejection letters to those on the offer pile. Bear in mind that even though this was only for one department, the number of envelopes stuffed by hand must have been in the hundreds. A click of a mouse button at the wrong time is almost understandable by comparison.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
When Sprog 1 was applying, a well known RG university *not very quiet voice* Manchester* sent out invitations (by post - this was ten years ago) to an applicants' open day to everyone on the reject pile, and rejection letters to those on the offer pile. Bear in mind that even though this was only for one department, the number of envelopes stuffed by hand must have been in the hundreds. A click of a mouse button at the wrong time is almost understandable by comparison.

Yeah I was rather confused earlier in the year when I got rejected from Nursing and Midwifery by Keele, sending out a rejection to every single person who had applied for anything was kinda funny admittedly. Though I find the idea that they think I wouldn't be a good midwife horrible, admittedly I would probably throw the babies down a mountain like the Spartans after bathing it in wine but still.
Reply 25
Wait i dont get this, do i get my results from my school and put them on the UCAS website or does the uni already know what i get before hand and reject/accept me before i get my results from my school.
Original post by saeed97
Wait i dont get this, do i get my results from my school and put them on the UCAS website or does the uni already know what i get before hand and reject/accept me before i get my results from my school.

Universities get A leve Results directly from the exam boards (via UCAS) the weekend before results day.
Original post by saeed97

Sup brother saeed

Ucas send your results to the unis the weekend before results day

Then they decide whether to accept or reject you

Ucas will then update on results day at like 8am to show their decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by PQ
Universities get A leve Results directly from the exam boards (via UCAS) the weekend before results day.

Original post by Haraam police
Sup brother saeed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, thanks for the info.
Sup brother saeed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although 3/20 applicants have no clear update on results morning (for all sorts of reasons)
Original post by PQ
Although 3/20 applicants have no clear update on results morning (for all sorts of reasons)

Where do you get these stats from :hmmm:

Do you have anymore interesting stats to share :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where do you get these stats from :hmmm:

Do you have anymore interesting stats to share :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are the proportions from 2013. 2014 stats are here: https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/14-aug-14-overview-all.pdf

~400,000 applicants placed at either their firm or insurance

~150,000 applicants in clearing (so rejected from both or late applicants)

~100,000 applicants "holding offer" so with either their firm conditional or thier firm rejected and their insurance conditional.

100/650 = ~15% of applicants (or 3/20)
Original post by Penguinfarts
Yeah I was rather confused earlier in the year when I got rejected from Nursing and Midwifery by Keele, sending out a rejection to every single person who had applied for anything was kinda funny admittedly. Though I find the idea that they think I wouldn't be a good midwife horrible, admittedly I would probably throw the babies down a mountain like the Spartans after bathing it in wine but still.

I think that sounds an excellent way to deal with children, actually.
Original post by PQ
Those are the proportions from 2013. 2014 stats are here: https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/14-aug-14-overview-all.pdf

~400,000 applicants placed at either their firm or insurance

~150,000 applicants in clearing (so rejected from both or late applicants)

~100,000 applicants "holding offer" so with either their firm conditional or thier firm rejected and their insurance conditional.

100/650 = ~15% of applicants (or 3/20)

Whoah, cheers! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whoah, cheers! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is literally nothing PQ doesn't know about admissions.
Original post by PQ
This is a very important point. If Track doesn't update for you at 7:30am then sitting there hammering the refresh button won't get you anywhere. It's a case of getting your results ASAP and IF you've missed your offer ringing your unis (if you met your offer and Track hasn't updated relax, treat yourself to a celebratory Nandos for lunch and if Track isn't sorted by 1pm ring to check when it'll be sorted/make sure your grades got through ok).

I wish it is good news for everyone, and restraunts' profits go sky high due to students celebrating -good luck all.
Everyone waiting for A level results ....

Next week you need to find lots of things to do. Go to the cinema, walk the dog, clean your room out, anything to keep your mind away from what 13 August might bring, You can't change things by worrying - whatever is about to happen, you can't change it.

For the vast majority of people they will be accepted and they will be off to Uni in September. Exciting!
So, stay optimistic. Think positive. Go and do some shopping for Uni : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15855-what-to-take-to-university-checklist because that is where thousands of you will be going .....
Original post by PQ

Of the 15% of applicants who found that Track hadn't updated for them, do you know how many of them had met their offers and it was just the university being slow to confirm?
Its most often because their results are incomplete.

And the reason for this is usually either that the applicant has changed subjects/exam boards etc and hasn't told UCAS, or that they are taking another qualification (GCSE or an IELTS Eng Lang qual erc) where the results are not yet known.
Thanks so much for all of the help!! I was just wondering, if I don't meet my offer of AAA for my firm choice will it initially say rejected on track regardless to whether or not I get accepted with the grades or do the universities confirm our places before results day? If track says we're not accepted before collecting our results does that mean that there is no hope? Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending