The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Looking for a place close to Main Campus

Hi everyone,

I'm a new postgrad student from the Netherlands starting at BCU in September. I'm looking for an affordable place to stay close to uni, but since I don't know anyone in Birmingham yet it would be great getting to know other students and share a flat wit them! :smile: Is anyone interested in looking for a place together or has some advice on this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Why don't you apply to the uni halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by BusayoCray
Why don't you apply to the uni halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied for uni halls! I'm just looking for other options because the halls are a little out of my budget. Do you recommend staying at campus anyway?
Reply 3
sarah,

Are you at millennium point ?
i'm in my second year at bcu and the closest to the uni is either Jennens Court, Londonderry House or Curzon. These buildings are all owned by Unite.

Londonderry House is the closest to the city centre as well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by newton_96
sarah,

Are you at millennium point ?
i'm in my second year at bcu and the closest to the uni is either Jennens Court, Londonderry House or Curzon. These buildings are all owned by Unite.

Londonderry House is the closest to the city centre as well :smile:

Thanks for your advice! I'm going to study at NTI, so I have applied to Jennens Court and Curzon as my first and second option :smile: Haven't been offered a place yet. I was wondering though if there are any cheaper options, like maybe renting a house with other students, or is that uncommon in Birmingham?
Original post by Sarah_e_h
I have applied for uni halls! I'm just looking for other options because the halls are a little out of my budget. Do you recommend staying at campus anyway?

Ohh okaay, same as me, if you find something cheaper than the halls you might as well go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ohh okaay, same as me, if you find something cheaper than the halls you might as well go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you maybe have any advice as on where to look? There's lots and lots of websites offering housing but I'm not sure which ones to trust haha.
Do you maybe have any advice as on where to look? There's lots and lots of websites offering housing but I'm not sure which ones to trust haha.

Oh nahh sorry, I live in London and just gonna be moving to Birmingham in September as well so im in the same position as you sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thanks for your advice! I'm going to study at NTI, so I have applied to Jennens Court and Curzon as my first and second option :smile: Haven't been offered a place yet. I was wondering though if there are any cheaper options, like maybe renting a house with other students, or is that uncommon in Birmingham?

Most housing is located in, Selly oak, Edgbaston, Perry bar etc. But most are a 20 minute bus journey, or train.

And would't get a house until second year to be honest. at least then you know who you want to live with instead of have to live with
Reply 9
Oh nahh sorry, I live in London and just gonna be moving to Birmingham in September as well so im in the same position as you sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, that's okay :smile: So have you accepted an offer to stay in the halls already or are you also still looking around?
Ohh, that's okay :smile: So have you accepted an offer to stay in the halls already or are you also still looking around?

I'm living in halls again, although its more expensive. you are in the middle of the city and don't have to travel at all. plus considering you are in the city the price isn't that bad.

Also most (really nice) houses go by Novermber/December time as students reserve them for next year

My uni hasn't given me an accommodation offer yet so I'm still looking just incase I don't get a space in the halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I'm a new postgrad student from the Netherlands starting at BCU in September. I'm looking for an affordable place to stay close to uni, but since I don't know anyone in Birmingham yet it would be great getting to know other students and share a flat wit them! :smile: Is anyone interested in looking for a place together or has some advice on this?

hello u. i'm fresh student at bcu too. And i found one flat near bcu city campus at Southside so i'm looking for other students and share this flat. If u want this, u should inbox me for more details. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending