The Student Room Group

Considering Medicine in Europe

Hey guys,

I'm really worried that I won't meet my grades to study medicine in the UK. I don't want to waste a year and take a gap year but I don't mind studying medicine abroad if I have to! I have had a look at some of the posts on european medical schools which all have good comments. I know I will be struggling to handle the application process in applying direct to the universities. I have looked at some of the agencies and based on other threads and posts, everyone seems to have mixed feelings about them all.

Study Medicine Europe and Tutelage both caught my attention. Can you guys help me decide which would be the best to use. I don't have much time left, results day is in less than 2 weeks!!!
It's pretty late to start applying for most European medical schools now. The application process and entrance examinations usually take place between January and July
Original post by roma12345
What about clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearing is a UK university...phenomena, as far as I know. Once the application process is over, that's pretty much it. Besides, EU medical schools do not have anything to consider your application if for some reason they did something like clearing; you haven't done their entrance exams (which is the primary way by which they consider students for admission). Some EU universities do accept students solely based on MCAT scores (which i'm guessing you do not have, being an A-level student and from the UK). I suppose there is no harm in trying to email the admissions office of various medical schools to see if they would still allow you sit their entrance exams. There might quite a lot of students like yourself and they might make an exception and release late exam dates (I highly doubt it, but I guess nothing is impossible).

The most logical advice I would give to you is that if you're really interested in studying medicine, then take a gap year. Determine what you did not do effectively in terms. of your UCAS application. If you did not make the right grades, then find out why that happened. Resit your A-levels and reapply to UK med schools, while at the same time applying to EU medical schools that you have done very solid research on. Like I previously said, most EU medical schools that I know have a process and have closed their application process at this time of the year. The last thing you want to do is desperate join a school that accepts you this late, without having done research on the school and then regret it later.
Original post by Bunicornaces
It's pretty late to start applying for most European medical schools now. The application process and entrance examinations usually take place between January and July

I have managed to just apply now
Original post by dalia12345
I have managed to just apply now

For entry in september? Well good luck. You should mention the name of the school, maybe the OP might be interested.
Original post by Bunicornaces
For entry in september? Well good luck. You should mention the name of the school, maybe the OP might be interested.

Yes for September, I did my research and applied through an agency for Palacky University to study Medicine! 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending