The Student Room Group

Uni 2016 Q&A

Hello i'm applying for Uni this Sept/Oct. I know you're allowed to apply for max of 5 Uni courses and use the only one personal statement for all of them. However, my friend told me you have to make a first and second choice? That confuses me?? could anyone clarify it?
Reply 1
You apply to 5, then you receive your offers from your uni's. After that you choose a firm choice and an insurance choice from the ones that gave you offers. Your firm choice is usually higher grade requirements and you are pretty much expected to go to this one if you get the grades. Your insurance is your second choice uni with lower requirements if your grades don't turn out to be what you expected and you will go to this if you don't meet your firm choice requirements but meet your insurance requirements. Hope this helps, any more questions just ask.
Original post by Detiri17
You apply to 5, then you receive your offers from your uni's. After that you choose a firm choice and an insurance choice from the ones that gave you offers. Your firm choice is usually higher grade requirements and you are pretty much expected to go to this one if you get the grades. Your insurance is your second choice uni with lower requirements if your grades don't turn out to be what you expected and you will go to this if you don't meet your firm choice requirements but meet your insurance requirements. Hope this helps, any more questions just ask.

Oh thanks! So basically you put your firm choice which is usually asks the higher ucas points and the insurance as a backup. If any chances you get the grades for your firm choice but would like to take the insurance course could you do that?
Reply 3
I would say probably but it would be a very big hassle and isn't worth trying to sort out so when it comes around be confident it your firm choice. This might help for any extra information about this sort of thing, the proper answer to your question might be in there.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices
Original post by Detiri17
I would say probably but it would be a very big hassle and isn't worth trying to sort out so when it comes around be confident it your firm choice. This might help for any extra information about this sort of thing, the proper answer to your question might be in there.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices

Thanks! That REALLY helped! It's just the case of researching courses. Oh my :frown:
Reply 5
No worries :smile: If you need any other help with anything comment here or start another thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending