The Student Room Group

Is studying in Canada a good idea?

Hello folks. I'm 21 years and from Norway, currently working part time. I applied for my uni but didn't get in - now that I have to wait 1 year, I might as well collect some money and apply for a foreign uni for a bachelor. I want to study geology btw.

Canada seems to be the least expensive of the english speaking countries, which is a huge deal for me. I'll probably be able to afford around 13-14000 $ per year MAX.
The other big aspect would be social life. As an international student I'm gonna be all alone in the beginning, so a good social / campus life is really, really important to me.

Do you think I can find an average or above average that satisfies my needs? Do you have any ideas? Thanks :smile:
Nah, Canada is the USA's uglier looking sister. X :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Steeplechasing

How so? I'm actually also interested in studying in the US if possible, I just thought it would be harder to find a good college for the the money I have.
Original post by Steeplechasing

Lol at downgrading Canada's status just because it's shadowed by the USA :rofl:
Reply 4
Canada looks like an awesome place tbh (don't make me justify this, it's just my opinion)... if I was going to move out of the UK for any reason, it'd be to Canada or NZ no doubts
Reply 5
Original post by Alexion
Canada looks like an awesome place tbh (don't make me justify this, it's just my opinion)... if I was going to move out of the UK for any reason, it'd be to Canada or NZ no doubts

Also looks like the most affordable. Do you know of any good universities that fits within my price range per year? They should also do well in science :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Poqop
Also looks like the most affordable. Do you know of any good universities that fits within my price range per year? They should also do well in science :smile:

Not really sure where to start looking, seems like it might be a bit of a trek through a lot of info... the Universitiy of Toronto and McGill University are the highest ranking, might be a good idea to check those out first? idrk tbh
Original post by Alexion
Not really sure where to start looking, seems like it might be a bit of a trek through a lot of info... the Universitiy of Toronto and McGill University are the highest ranking, might be a good idea to check those out first? idrk tbh

UBC as well
Reply 8
UBC is pretty damn expensive last I checked. About 42000 $ for a year or so...Let me get this straight: if a website says their tuition fee for an international student is 15000 $ per annum, it means I'll pay 15000 $ per year to go there right? No other hidden costs etc, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending