The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers Megathread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BettyP97
does anyone know when we find out what accommodation we've gotten. And how likely is it that you get your first choice? I'm hoping for Sherbourne

Same!
Late August/Early September is what the welcome page says.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
Original post by H0PEL3SS

Original post by BettyP97

I'm hoping for Sherbourne too :smile:
Reply 82
I got an email telling me its 7th of Sept? Sherbourne too :P
Original post by SH0405
I'm hoping for Sherbourne too :smile:

So you got in for maths? :smile:
What happened to St Andrews, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 84
So you got in for maths? :smile:
What happened to St Andrews, if you don't mind me asking?

I decided to go for Discrete Maths, which was offered to me as an alternative. I found Warwick amazing (much nice than St Andrews) and so had to accept it. :biggrin:
Original post by SH0405
I decided to go for Discrete Maths, which was offered to me as an alternative. I found Warwick amazing (much nice than St Andrews) and so had to accept it. :biggrin:

Well, either way, it's nice to know you're going to Warwick :biggrin:
Have you taken a look at the discrete maths course in any depth?
Reply 86
Well, either way, it's nice to know you're going to Warwick :biggrin:
Have you taken a look at the discrete maths course in any depth?

Yes, I had a good long look at it on results day itself. I received a call from a professor as well which enabled me to discuss it. Much of it is flexible and modules from the main maths course and other courses can be added. Should be good :smile: Which course are you doing again???
Original post by SH0405
Yes, I had a good long look at it on results day itself. I received a call from a professor as well which enabled me to discuss it. Much of it is flexible and modules from the main maths course and other courses can be added. Should be good :smile: Which course are you doing again???

I'm doing Economics.
How does it differ from straight maths, beyond the pure stuff I'm guessing?
I assumed it was like decision maths, or something similar.
Reply 88
I'm doing Economics.
How does it differ from straight maths, beyond the pure stuff I'm guessing?
I assumed it was like decision maths, or something similar.

Nice. I'm going to add some Economics modules to my course as I plan to move into a career in finance. It differs in that it deals with units that are more akin to computer science, logic and, as you say, decision maths. Plus it has much of the 'usual' stuff too. Are you looking forward to it? I'm very excited.....
Original post by SH0405
Nice. I'm going to add some Economics modules to my course as I plan to move into a career in finance. It differs in that it deals with units that are more akin to computer science, logic and, as you say, decision maths. Plus it has much of the 'usual' stuff too. Are you looking forward to it? I'm very excited.....

Very much so!
I was thinking of doing some maths/finance optional modules, but I'm not too sure yet, I just want to get there first :tongue:
Which other accommodation did you apply to?
Reply 90
Very much so!
I was thinking of doing some maths/finance optional modules, but I'm not too sure yet, I just want to get there first :tongue:
Which other accommodation did you apply to?

I can't remember all of them, but I put down Arthur Vick and Lakeside. You?
Original post by SH0405
I can't remember all of them, but I put down Arthur Vick and Lakeside. You?

JM,Rootes and Tocil are all I can remember right now. I really want an en-suite.. I take showers that last way too long lol
Hey guys, so basically I'm going to be off to Warwick to study English literature in October and originally hadn't planned to move in to accommodation. However, being the neurotic person i am, have decided to move out. I don't fancy going into halls however if anyone was willing to share an apartment I'd be eternally grateful xxxxxx
Reply 93
Original post by SB0073
I got an email telling me its 7th of Sept? Sherbourne too :P

I still haven't heard anything from Warwick yet, has anyone else got an email?
Reply 94
Do all accomadations provide duvet and pillow? Sorry but I read on the facilities that they do, but then I read somewhere else on the website that they don't 😕😕
Original post by Fattyc95
Do all accomadations provide duvet and pillow? Sorry but I read on the facilities that they do, but then I read somewhere else on the website that they don't 😕😕

Yeah, they do. The pillows are pretty thin, though, so you might want to bring your own.
Reply 96
Hi there,

Just got very excited about my daughter's acceptance at Warwick Uni. She'll be doing Film and Literature, for which she's supposed to be reading a long list of books over the summer (well, what's left of it :smile: ). Any suggestions on how to get the required books cheap?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 97
Original post by omya
Hi there,

Just got very excited about my daughter's acceptance at Warwick Uni. She'll be doing Film and Literature, for which she's supposed to be reading a long list of books over the summer (well, what's left of it :smile: ). Any suggestions on how to get the required books cheap?

Thanks in advance.

Abe books, Amazon and eBay are all good, online bookstores :yep: . Though the SU will run (hopefully) a second-hand book sale in about week 2 where stuff can go cheap :yep:
Reply 98
Don't make the mistake of buying all the books in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Thanks a lot, I have checked Amazon and ebay, and the books made about £50!!!
I will try to convince my daughter not to buy all of them.

Quick Reply