Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Becca
I knew what he was on about...It was a dismissive "you are an idiot" 'Wot?'
Note the spelling. :biggrin:

Fair enough, to be honest I didn't realise that there was a subtle difference between what? and wot? But I'm glad I now do...

I didn't actually think it was an idiotic statement, I thought it was funny. Give the man some rep. Even if I'm not yet there, and know nothing about St. Chad's I can appreciate the humour. Still I think you have to be a bloke to find it funny.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original poster - you have posted exactly the same question on the Oxbridge forum, so please take a look at my post over there because I think it's rather good :smile:
Ronove
abrp seems to become more of a moron with every post of his I read.

kinda funny..seeing as we only spend "time together" on one forum..this one..and most of my posts on this forum have been: "still no reply from Durham..........:frown::frown:"...

ps..still no reply from Durham..

did i become a little bit more idiotic again? :rolleyes:

honestly..some of you people need to chill out...im only quoting my maths teacher who studied at Durham :wink:
Reply 23
abrp
kinda funny..seeing as we only spend "time together" on one forum..this one..and most of my posts on this forum have been: "still no reply from Durham..........:frown::frown:"...

ps..still no reply from Durham..

did i become a little bit more idiotic again? :rolleyes:

honestly..some of you people need to chill out...im only quoting my maths teacher who studied at Durham :wink:

Hahaha- come on be fair, Arkbar frequently makes good bantersome comments.

But ye- I do think people need to appreciate when people are taking the piss a bit more.
Reply 24
I wouldn't go to Chads if you paid me, in cake.
My dearest abrp, you seem to give the impression of someone with approximate intelligence of a doorknob who, if allowed into Durham would lower the average IQ by several points alone. Your facetiousness is at the level of a 3 year old child, your wit is reminiscent of putrescent vomit and you demeanour is that of one who was never loved by their family.
arkbar
I wouldn't go to Chads if you paid me, in cake.
My dearest abrp, you seem to give the impression of someone with approximate intelligence of a doorknob who, if allowed into Durham would lower the average IQ by several points alone. Your facetiousness is at the level of a 3 year old child, your wit is reminiscent of putrescent vomit and you demeanour is that of one who was never loved by their family.

well thats your opinion and frankly i couldnt give a rats ass about it by dearest arkbar :yy:

ps but nice try at attempting to insult me..yea..i mean..sure..you used long words and all (heck i bet you were browsing the thesaurus for ages to come up with that)..shame that none of them relate to my forum activity..but as i said..refer to the first sentance of this post for that.

@ OP : talk to shady_lane..on numerous occasions she has stated that LSEs political programs are much better than SPS @ Cambs...and i tihnk she mentioned PPE also being better than SPS...
Reply 26
If you reapply, you probably stand a good chance of getting in, but the question you should ask yourself is whether you actually want a gap year. Oxbridge is, of course, the best University education you can get, but it isn't some form of magic elixir. If you have the motivation, you are just as likely to succeed in life with a good Durham degree.
Reply 27
ps but nice try at attempting to insult me..yea..i mean..sure..you used long words and all (heck i bet you were browsing the thesaurus for ages to come up with that)..shame that none of them relate to my forum activity..but as i said..refer to the first sentance of this post for that.

Sadly, those of us with the intellectual ability to get into Durham, sometimes feel the need to use words that aren't monosyllabic, since I see that this confuses your minute cognitive organ (and all your other minute organs) I shall refrain from so doing in the future.
dammit..whats the best online dictionary i can use to descipher your super duper post? :rolleyes:

if you really are as intelligent as you claim to be, then you would realise that assuming things by using internet posting alone is a very ridiculous and half witted way to rate a persons mental capabilties...you know nothing about me in RL which makes your post look even more ridiculous to me.

ps congrats..you got into Durham for Geography..i dont know what standard offer is but apparently its BBB at LSE, which is better than Durham for Geography..wow..must have been hard?
abrp

@ OP : talk to shady_lane..on numerous occasions she has stated that LSEs political programs are much better than SPS @ Cambs...and i tihnk she mentioned PPE also being better than SPS...

Yeah, to be honest SPS doesn't have a good repuation as a course. I think you'll be better of going to a good college at Durham doing Politics instead of a kind of bad one (Homerton hahahah) at Cambridge doing a course that your fellow students think is a joke.
Reply 30
abrp
dammit..whats the best online dictionary i can use to descipher your super duper post? :rolleyes:

if you really are as intelligent as you claim to be, then you would realise that assuming things by using internet posting alone is a very ridiculous and half witted way to rate a persons mental capabilties...you know nothing about me in RL which makes your post look even more ridiculous to me.

ps congrats..you got into Durham for Geography..i dont know what standard offer is but apparently its BBB at LSE, which is better than Durham for Geography..wow..must have been hard?

Dumbass.

Simple enough for you?
Sarcasm.

a simple enough concept for you to comprehend? i think not.

ps what cralled up your ass? i dont even know who you are and have never seen you post except on Durham Applicants thread where i make like 1 post every coupla days.:s-smilie:

btw purely out of interest..what do you base your conclusion on? if it is due to a joke that i recalled my Durham educated teacher saying then i pity you to say the least.
Reply 32
abrp - I have no problems with you, except on two points:

1. If it's a joke that your teacher made, please make this clear, instead of doing what it seemed like you did - i.e. make a very clear statement that you believed people in Chads were gay. If you had said "Anyway, my maths teacher who studied at Durham seems to think people at Chads are gay, bit random! Haha!" then people would have reacted better, rather than your outright comment that you made.

2. Offers for Geography at Durham are AAA-ABB, so somehow I think it's particularly higher than LSE, whether LSE are better or not.

Ali - To be honest, you are putting your arguments into poncy form, I don't know ANYONE who speaks like that! You will come off much better in an argument by speaking normally, rather than using complex words and sentence structure - unless of course you're arguing with someone else "on this level" :wink:
Reply 33
dobbs

1. If it's a joke that your teacher made, please make this clear, instead of doing what it seemed like you did - i.e. make a very clear statement that you believed people in Chads were gay. If you had said "Anyway, my maths teacher who studied at Durham seems to think people at Chads are gay, bit random! Haha!" then people would have reacted better, rather than your outright comment that you made.

2. Offers for Geography at Durham are AAA-ABB, so somehow I think it's particularly higher than LSE, whether LSE are better or not.

Ali - To be honest, you are putting your arguments into poncy form, I don't know ANYONE who speaks like that! You will come off much better in an argument by speaking normally, rather than using complex words and sentence structure - unless of course you're arguing with someone else "on this level" :wink:

Are you sure you don't mean "sentance"? :rolleyes:

abrp, I'm not sure why you feel the need to be quite so aggressive. (She says, having just slated his spelling...)
abrp
Sarcasm.

a simple enough concept for you to comprehend? i think not.

ps what cralled up your ass? i dont even know who you are and have never seen you post except on Durham Applicants thread where i make like 1 post every coupla days.:s-smilie:

btw purely out of interest..what do you base your conclusion on? if it is due to a joke that i recalled my Durham educated teacher saying then i pity you to say the least.

God you even look like a ****** from your photo.

Please leave this forum and crawl down a hole and die. Please.

Edit: Oh sorry, "crall down a hole....." :smile:
This spelling business is hard isn't it?
Reply 35
abrp

That's actually wrong. My friend (who does geography- but at Oxford) and whose mother is a governor of LSE actually admits that LSE isn't very good for geography, and says that whereas most other things taught by LSE are excellent, the geography department is fairly weak (as demonstrated by the low offer).
Widowmaker
God you even look like a ****** from your photo.

Please leave this forum and crawl down a hole and die. Please.

Edit: Oh sorry, "crall down a hole....." :smile:
This spelling business is hard isn't it?

how i look like is none of your business..you are not one to judge..nor do i care about youre judgement of me..i havent even met you in RL.

do you people have issues? seriously, maybe you do not get respected enough in real life and hence feel the need to try to assert your authority on forums, hiding behiind a keyboard and a username?

ps yes...its "crawled"...what can i say? were it a CV application, or some sort of dissertation that i was writing on Word and not using spell check at 1.15am in the morning then i would have deserved the reprecussions of such a mistake (insiginificant). however, seeing as this is a forum, it was 1 am and that it isnt a piece of work that is getting marked...i couldnt care less...you pedantic little ........:yy:

ps im also foreign so its only natural that sometimes i make mistakes when communicating in a foreign language...especially considering the circumstances..oh well..none of us are perfect :s-smilie:

but i would like to reiterate my gratefulness for your correction of my spelling...it never occured to me that it was infact spelled "crawl" and not "crall" :eek::eek:

AdamTJ
That's actually wrong. My friend (who does geography- but at Oxford) and whose mother is a governor of LSE actually admits that LSE isn't very good for geography, and says that whereas most other things taught by LSE are excellent, the geography department is fairly weak (as demonstrated by the low offer).

fair enough..im just going by league tables where LSE was second and Durham 3rd at the one i looked at...could well be true.

dobbs

true...and i did point that out in a later post...but that decreases the humor of the post doesnt it...and besides...people should realise that if some one says something like this then they obviously heard it from someone who came there..because no offense but Durham colleges arent as famous as some of the oxbridge ones (and even then...i would think only Trinity, ChCh and Balloil are known by people who arent going to Unis/havent heard of Oxbridge a lot in general).

and whilst i have no problem with arkbar typing as he does currently, i just feel that its a meek attempt to try and pretend to be superior to some one else when clearly typing like that doesnt prove anything...although seeing a debate between you (Ali) and Profesh would be fairly entertaining....

Jelkin
Are you sure you don't mean "sentance"? :rolleyes:

abrp, I'm not sure why you feel the need to be quite so aggressive. (She says, having just slated his spelling...)

well i think its perfectly reasonable to get a bit angry at the way people react to what clearly is a joke.

where i at durham then yes...there could have been a case of college rivalry...otherwise, only people who take things at facevalue consider it offensive.
Reply 37
I don't think anyone was actually bothered by the gay joke itself, at least I wasn't... it's you who was coming across as a complete twunt, and irritating everyone.
Reply 38
davidk and original poster,durham is a really nice place though it's very small. but that can be good or bad depending on your opinion.
Ronove
I don't think anyone was actually bothered by the gay joke itself, at least I wasn't... it's you who was coming across as a complete twunt, and irritating everyone.

oh im sorry..next time i get insulted ill just act like im fine with it. sorry...next time i wont stand up for myself just to make sure you wont think im a "twunt"...

and you contradict yourself...people were clearly bothered by the "gay" joke...what else is there to give them a reason to be irritated with me? saying that Durham track still hasnt changed (because i dont even bother looking at most other threads here)? sorry i forgot that this infact wasnt a forum and there infact wasnt a thread called "Durham applicants" where people talk about the status of their application.

my mistake.

Latest