The Student Room Group

Is this sunburn or something else?

Hey so I came on holiday to Cyprus 1 week ago today. After a day or 2 I got these red patches all around my back and after a couple days they turned into really dark brown patches. As each day goes by they become more prominent. But I put sun cream on and I always go on holiday to Cyprus and this has never happened before so I don't think it's sunburn? Plus I can't feel it, it doesn't hurt, just feels normal and even when it was red it felt fine. or when I was out I never felt any burning there. I've attached 2 pics one when it first started (red) and then when it turned brown.

(Also I took a pic of the photo (when it was red) whilst it was on another phone so it may be bad quality, and you can't really see the red patches at the bottom or side of my back. The other photo is fine tho as it was taken on this phone)

-
That top picture does look like some sort of rash. It's very difficult to say though, and no comment on this thread is going to be a substitute for a professional opinion from someone who can do a complete examination in person. My recommendation is go see a GP about it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Really looking for a diagnosis from some kids on the internet? Go to the GP tomorrow man lol
What does it looks like? It looks like it needs to be checked out. Trust me, no "doctor" on TSR will be able to properly help you apart from a real one.
Leprosy.
Reply 5
Looks like a rash or an allergy.
If you can't get to a doctor, try and do this (if you're still in Cyprus):

Let air get to it. If you're inside, (not in the sun), just don't have a T-shirt. The rubbing and lack of air flow to it could be causing it to get worse.

Avoid too much contact with the sun. It could be some sort of strange sun burn.

Try get a different sun cream. Perhaps the current one you're using has something you're allergic or is irritant to you.

Also, you could be wearing too much sun cream. Coating yourself for a long period of time with some sun creams can make you feel sticky. The sticky sun cream and sweat could be making your skin react violently. Lay off over using the sun cream on your back.

Try and wear a T-shirt outside without sun cream (wear sun cream on your neck though). The t-shirt could be rubbing and sticking to your skin from the sun cream, causing a rash.

Wash yourself at nights and in mornings. Cyprus is hot and you're likely to sweat and get all dirty. Wash off all the sun cream and sweat at the end and start of days, just in case.

Drink plenty of water too.

Just because you have sun cream on, it does not mean you're invincible. Don't stay in the sun for long periods of time. As you're in hot Cyprus, limit yourself to 30-60 mins in the sun and have a break in the shade. The constant sun could be harming you.

If you're back at home:

Stay cool.

Avoid wearing the sun creams and other creams, if possible.

Contact your GP asap. It's better to be safe than sorry.

TSR may not be the best place to post this, since I'm pretty sure most of us aren't qualified doctors.
Reply 6
Thanks a lot guys for your comments.

Yeah I posted on here as I wasn't sure how I would find a GP in another country

Quick Reply

Latest