The Student Room Group

A level computer science entry requirements?

Hi

I'm a mature student looking to get an A-Level in Computer science, I couldn't get any clear info on google about the entry requirements for it.

Do I need to have a GCSE Computer science in order to be able to enroll or Maths is enough?

Besides, I couldn't find any GCSE Computer science course at all...I'm questioning its existence!

Thanks
Marco
IT DOES EXIST

what do you want to do in uni
Reply 2
I would like to do Physics but I'm also very interested in Computer science, that's why I would like to do GCSE C. science...in order keep it as a possibility.

Do you know if I need GCSE C. science in order to attend A Level C. science?
Original post by nirvanafans
Do you know if I need GCSE C. science in order to attend A Level C. science?

Ask the college you are hoping to attend. It's unlikely you will need it.
I think it is better to do GCSE ELECTRONICS yuo can read up on it and learn computer science on your own spare time

When i decide to go back I am doing physics alevel at the advice of oxford admissions tutor for 21+ students
Just finished AQA A Level computing. the course assumes you have no computer science knowledge to begin with though everyone I was studying with had done ICT and Maths GCSE

some basic maths knowledge is needed but that isn't much

I think it'd be best to look at the qualification you'll be getting and seeing if it has any thing written in the specification

Also everything's changing this year so that'll mean that former CS students may not know the course as well as earlier years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending