The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehrdad jafari
When is the deadline usually? :tongue:

Id say 16
State schooled.
private/state
Private throughout. I think. My secondary school was definitely private. Cant remember for the before.
Private and state.
State school:u:
Proper banter
state
state 💁🏼
state :h:
Original post by Awesome Genius
Id say 16

Hmm, what if you start again from the very beginning, attacking the foundation of all that you know?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
A very awful state school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
State school. Left with an A* in banter.
Original post by Lovinlife2
#waitingforthebantertoarise :tea:

I fell summoned :colone:

@OP private.
State
Original post by Awesome Genius
No you see thats exactly what my parents thought

Then we discovered that if an area is bad enough, the grammar school within it can be dragged down.

I won't name any names but its a boys school in North East London.

My schools really nice and quite popular-the only thing is it's so competitive academically- we're all competing with each other and it's slightly annoying

Haha, is the private school you go to better than the grammar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Hmm, what if you start again from the very beginning, attacking the foundation all that you know?

Then because a school taught you the structure and thinking skills to question the foundation of your existing knowledge id argue that you were still not self-educated :wink:
Reply 37
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I go to a grammar school 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't even realise grammar schools existed anymore :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
My schools really nice and quite popular-the only thing is it's so competitive academically- we're all competing with each other and it's slightly annoying

Haha, is the private school you go to better than the grammar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh it was a lot better. actually it was kinda full of rahs but once you learnt to ignore them it was amazing.

academic competition is very important

my theory is that the thing that really separates state vs grammar/private isn't the teaching standard or the secret handshakes they teach you for oxbridge its the atmosphere in the latter - the competitive and academic atmosphere.
One of the best (and now probably, last) co-educational grammar schools in the country.

Latest