The Student Room Group

I only attract girls younger than me

I'll be in my final year of school next year and am quite quiet as well as having a reputation for being a bit of a nerd. None of the girls in my year are remotely interested me not even the nerdy ones seem to acknowledge my existence. However for some weird reason a load of younger ones seem to love checking me out including really fit ones who would have never looked my way when I was their age.

Why exactly is this? Surely even if girls like older guys they would all be attracted to similar people regardless of age. I really don't understand why I'm attractive to the younger ones but not to anyone in my own year.
Original post by Anonymous
I'll be in my final year of school next year and am quite quiet as well as having a reputation for being a bit of a nerd. None of the girls in my year are remotely interested me not even the nerdy ones seem to acknowledge my existence. However for some weird reason a load of younger ones seem to love checking me out including really fit ones who would have never looked my way when I was their age.

Why exactly is this? Surely even if girls like older guys they would all be attracted to similar people regardless of age. I really don't understand why I'm attractive to the younger ones but not to anyone in my own year.

Older guys are associated with wealth, excess of resources and experience which is everything a woman needs to take care of a baby. Whereas young women are more fertile. It's just basic evolutionary biology at work :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Do you look younger than you actually are? :smile:
I would never date a boy the same age as me or younger they just aren't on the same wave length as me and seem to resemble a boy more than a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lllllllllll
Older guys are associated with wealth, excess of resources and experience which is everything a woman needs to take care of a baby. Whereas young women are more fertile. It's just basic evolutionary biology at work :smile:

Evolutionary psychology you mean.

And you're wrong on so many levels. I can't even.
Original post by AccountingBabe
I would never date a boy the same age as me or younger they just aren't on the same wave length as me and seem to resemble a boy more than a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Girls can be so boring. Too often they only look for a serious fling rather than a casual one. What happened to just having a bit of fun?
Be careful bro

Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile
I prefer older guys than guys my own age (18). Just to clarify, not 'eligible to enrol into an elderly home' sort of old but only like 2-4 years older than me.

They probably like a guy that's mature, and is passionate about what he's doing (you're a 'nerd' right :innocent:). but if the girls in year 12 and below aren't what you're into, then carry on ignoring them I guess...
Original post by The two eds
Girls can be so boring. Too often they only look for a serious fling rather than a casual one. What happened to just having a bit of fun?

I only do casual and don't believe in monogamy but I also prefer a man who can control me in the bedroom and a boy doesn't fit that fantasy in my mind...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AccountingBabe
I only do casual and don't believe in monogamy but I also prefer a man who can control me in the bedroom and a boy doesn't fit that fantasy in my mind...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok, so you want male dominance and experience, I thought you were thinking along the lines of mature, employed family orientated men to settle with
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
Evolutionary psychology you mean.

And you're wrong on so many levels. I can't even.

You're possibly right, now that I'm thinking about it all my girlfriends and almost every single girl I've got with has been older than me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending