The Student Room Group

Wanna improve general knowledge

Anyone know any good books they could recommend me to improve my general knowledge, even quiz books?

Thanks.
Try QuizUp. It's an app, but I think it's pretty good. The questions eventually become repetitive so you'll learn a fair bit.

I did quite well nationally on the Harry Potter section anyway :mmm:
Read. That's how you'll become more knowledgeable, pick a subject you like and it won't feel like a chore.
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Try QuizUp. It's an app, but I think it's pretty good. The questions eventually become repetitive so you'll learn a fair bit.

Original post by shezshez
Read. That's how you'll become more knowledgeable, pick a subject you like and it won't feel like a chore.

Thanks guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Wikipedia. I've learned more from that site than my entire state school career.

Except maths, but that's not really general knowledge :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Browse TSR...

or talk to people, and overtime you'll pick up a lot of stuff.

Or browse wikipedia if you're curious about something.

Don't try learn everything, like learn a book, but do many things.
Keep up to date with current affairs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay

Quizup is legendary, I got top 10 in the UK for ASOIAF 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Quizup is legendary, I got top 10 in the UK for ASOIAF 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn you're hardcore :redface:

I think I'm going to try quizup again :colone:
QI is life, not that your knowledge would be general so to speak, but you'd have a lot of interesting facts :smile:
As for books, I'd recommend anything written either at the time or about the time, if you were looking for general knowledge about history, political movements, etc. etc.
I'm more of an American Literature person myself, e.g. 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. I also like to keep up with current affairs, especially things involving civil rights, but the majority of the general knowledge I've collected is from the science books I got given when I was younger. I can't think of an adult alternative right now, but I wish you the best of luck~
Tsr is actually pretty good. TSR is my alternative for newspapers

Posted from TSR Mobile
University Challenge is good to watch. There are some things I've just picked up from the show and haven't forgotten - even a few pieces of classical music I'll always remember!
My dad got me this book called "Why? Answers to everyday scientific questions" by the author Joel Levy and it is very good. It is straightforward to understand and it's very interesting for general knowledge. I really enjoyed it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the books/shows/etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest