The Student Room Group

She's started sending me random little messages about her life

Like every few hours

Im eating a burger
Im out with friends
Im watching TV
Im so sleepy today

and the thing is, she is not attractive to me, so I don't really care.

And if I don't reply, ill feel like a bit of a dick

What do i do now :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Just reply with 'K' every time. :smile:

She'll get the message!
Original post by Awesome Genius
Like every few hours

Im eating a burger
Im out with friends
Im watching TV
Im so sleepy today

Just don't reply, she's probably used to it, i know i am.
Reply 3
Women just love you AG :rofl:

If they don't have questions then don't ignore them.
If they do the 'K' option is available
Original post by MsFahima

She'll get the message!

Original post by Crystalz
Just don't reply, she's probably used to it, i know i am.

Hmm id feel mean doing that. Im a very approachable sort of person. I reply to everyone, quickly.

But I've never had someone sending me completely pointless and useless messages like this on such a consistent basis.
Like every few hours

Im eating a burger
Im out with friends
Im watching TV
Im so sleepy today

Not replying is what occasionally gets me, but there comes a time you have to end it. So be mean (in your mind, she won't care a week from now) and say 'Why are you telling me?'

Or do what I occasionally do, I start being really boring. To the point I'm being facetious. I take a little comment they make and run with it. So for example - "You're being boring"
'No, I am boring. I like sitting'
"You're not really..."
'Sitting is my favourite thing. I'm doing it right now'

I take it a lot further than that usually. It's a good thing to do, they're not offended, you've got what you wanted (for them to leave you alone) and they feel like they've made the decision. Win Win.
Original post by Blind Ferret
Not replying is what occasionally gets me, but there comes a time you have to end it. So be mean (in your mind, she won't care a week from now) and say 'Why are you telling me?'

Or do what I occasionally do, I start being really boring. To the point I'm being facetious. I take a little comment they make and run with it. So for example - "You're being boring"
"You're not really..."

I take it a lot further than that usually. It's a good thing to do, they're not offended, you've got what you wanted (for them to leave you alone) and they feel like they've made the decision. Win Win.

hahaha that is brilliant, the being facetious strategy

thank you for that
Original post by LeyK
Women just love you AG :rofl:

If they don't have questions then don't ignore them.
If they do the 'K' option is available

lol nah i can't be so mean!
What's the dilemma? Just reply with 'k' :s-smilie:

Wow someone already beat me to it
Reply 9
lol nah i can't be so mean!

I'm probably the same too. I can't ignore some people without an answer. (If I do it's usually a group)
If I were you the best way is to just try not to drag the 'life story' into a convo.
If “k” is too difficult for you, there's always emojis and baseless messages in return.
Original post by Blind Ferret

"You're not really..."

You seem to be very skilled in this faux interest sort of thing :pd:

She'll get the message!

lol i exactly do this.
anyway
:hugs:
Like every few hoursIm eating a burgerIm out with friendsIm watching TVIm so sleepy todayand the thing is, she is not attractive to me, so I don't really care.And if I don't reply, ill feel like a bit of a dick What do i do now :frown:

Shes looking for attention.

Ignore or block.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
lol i exactly do this.
anyway

listen to this. I've been tearing up for hours :colonhash:

[video="youtube;J65GxJ2v9Wg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J65GxJ2v9Wg[/video]
listen to this. I've been tearing up for hours :colonhash:

[video="youtube;J65GxJ2v9Wg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J65GxJ2v9Wg[/video]

:lol: I will later! It's three hours long. Do you do yoga?
:lol: I will later! It's three hours long. Do you do yoga?

i know it's 3 hrs but it's a constant melody, at least listen to 4 mins like a reg song :colonhash:
and sometimes yes, I do. I just get on my mat n :adore:
I need this music to calm the raging storms inside of me. It's very spiritual for me and I thought you'd like it :colonhash:
i know it's 3 hrs but it's a constant melody, at least listen to 4 mins like a reg song :colonhash:
and sometimes yes, I do. I just get on my mat n :adore:
I need this music to calm the raging storms inside of me. It's very spiritual for me and I thought you'd like it :colonhash:

I listened to a bit! :biggrin: I do like it :colonhash:
I listened to a bit! :biggrin: I do like it :colonhash:

yay. Isn't it beautiful and relaxing and peaceful? :colondollar: It just helps me ponder everything, Fahima

I dunno why I laughed so loud at that gif just now, seeing it's how I feel :colonhash:

Quick Reply