The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Occupational therapy Brunel interview

Anyone know what type of occupational therapy questions they ask and what type of interview it is at Brunel university?
Moving to Brunel Uni, where you're more likely to get an answer
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
The interview i had was split into 3 parts, 1 on 1 interview, a group work interview and lastly a written piece.

The 1 to 1 was standard, why do you want to do this course, what qualities do you need, what do you know about the care OT's provide. Basic tell us about yourself questions. They're not expecting you to know everything, obviously, but just making sure you have an idea what you're getting yourself in to.

The group session asked you all to plan a meeting for patients with a given problem (e.g. fatigue) whilst the 2 interviews listened in on your group discussion, and the ideas you had. They then asked a few questions after to explain the ideas you had.
Next they split you off into pairs to interview each other on why they wanted to do this course, past experiences with OT, what qualities they thought they could bring to it etc. You then had to present what you found out about them to the group and the interviewers.

For the written piece, we watched a short film and were given something like half an hour to write about what we thought about it, what it made us feel and think about OT's and the work they do.

Its all pretty straight forward and well explained to you when you get there.
Reply 3
Original post by ten_walls
The interview i had was split into 3 parts, 1 on 1 interview, a group work interview and lastly a written piece.

The 1 to 1 was standard, why do you want to do this course, what qualities do you need, what do you know about the care OT's provide. Basic tell us about yourself questions. They're not expecting you to know everything, obviously, but just making sure you have an idea what you're getting yourself in to.

The group session asked you all to plan a meeting for patients with a given problem (e.g. fatigue) whilst the 2 interviews listened in on your group discussion, and the ideas you had. They then asked a few questions after to explain the ideas you had.
Next they split you off into pairs to interview each other on why they wanted to do this course, past experiences with OT, what qualities they thought they could bring to it etc. You then had to present what you found out about them to the group and the interviewers.

For the written piece, we watched a short film and were given something like half an hour to write about what we thought about it, what it made us feel and think about OT's and the work they do.

Its all pretty straight forward and well explained to you when you get there.

Thank you for your reply. Did you get on to your course?
Reply 4
No problem. Yeah i did, starting in September.

Are you applying for 2015 entry?
Reply 5
No problem. Yeah i did, starting in September.

Are you applying for 2015 entry?

Yes , I applied through clearing. Got my interview coming up. Do you think the interview will be different through clearing?
Reply 6
im not sure, i think it would at least be similar.

good luck with with it though, maybe see you in September.
Reply 7
im not sure, i think it would at least be similar.

good luck with with it though, maybe see you in September.

Thanks. I hope so. You have been really help full
Just wondering have you heard back from Brunel yet, did you get accepted into OT through clearing?
Reply 9
Original post by nicolem0211
Just wondering have you heard back from Brunel yet, did you get accepted into OT through clearing?

Oh yeah I am on the course. I will see you in September. I can't wait to start. Most of my checks have been done. I just have to do the immunization questionnaire.
Reply 10
Original post by Soup890
Oh yeah I am on the course. I will see you in September. I can't wait to start. Most of my checks have been done. I just have to do the immunization questionnaire.

Just had a read of this thread, I have an interview in two weeks for the course and I'm just wondering if you have any tips, and also just to ask how you guys found the process in general. What are admission on to course rates like?
Thats quite a specific question you might no get an answer here, try searching online and on the universities website

Quick Reply

Latest