The Student Room Group

Discretionary leave

I have one query i have discretionary leave but have studied from primary to high school ,college and now university so I have spend my whole childhood here. The main thing is i am not eligible for student finance and my parents has paid for my 2 years studies but suddenly the category has been changed and I am now eligible for it .how am I suppose to get 18000 back which I paid to student finance. Any help guys
Reply 1
I have one query i have discretionary leave but have studied from primary to high school ,college and now university so I have spend my whole childhood here. The main thing is i am not eligible for student finance and my parents has paid for my 2 years studies but suddenly the category has been changed and I am now eligible for it .how am I suppose to get 18000 back which I paid to student finance. Any help guys
Original post by millibury

why did you pay 18000 to student finance if you weren't eligible for finance in the first place? Don't you mean you paid it to the University?

And i'd assume you can't get it back as the category has only recently changed so Student Finance would argue that you've been fine paying for 2 years...they might fund your third year... But you won't get back the money you paid to them
Reply 3
I meant to say I paid 18000 to university as I was not eligible for student finance and I want that 18000 back from university as it's my last year of university.
I meant to say I paid 18000 to university as I was not eligible for student finance and I want that 18000 back from university as it's my last year of university.

Uhhh lol, why would the University give you back your money after you have studied there for 2 years and used their facilities etc.? Who's going to pay for your University course AFTER you've already done it? Is this how easy University is to get in nowadays/go through nowadays? Or are you just really, really confused?

Oh Hi you paid for your fees that's fine ,what you can do is since its your last year you already done mate get a job and payback your Parents not paying pack University I wonder why you want them to pay you back
Reply 6
Millibury,
I am in a similar situation to you. You say you have applied to student finance for your last years study, have they informed you that they will be loaning your fees yet? I have also applied and waiting to hear back from them. Just making sure we are definitely eligble.

Best wishes.
Reply 7
Millibury,I am in a similar situation to you. You say you have applied to student finance for your last years study, have they informed you that they will be loaning your fees yet? I have also applied and waiting to hear back from them. Just making sure we are definitely eligble.Best wishes.
LoL .....SFE won`t give you the £18000 back because you paid that to university , those were the fees of your 2 years course .
The money we get from SFE is a loan paid to university and we have to pay it back when we start earning +£21000 .
If I were you , I would be happy because you have less debt to be worried about and therefore less money to pay back if you get student finance for this year .
Good luck .
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jackieox
why did you pay 18000 to student finance if you weren't eligible for finance in the first place? Don't you mean you paid it to the University?

And i'd assume you can't get it back as the category has only recently changed so Student Finance would argue that you've been fine paying for 2 years...they might fund your third year... But you won't get back the money you paid to them

has the rules changed yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending