The Student Room Group

Need a centre to resit a levels (manchester)?

I want to resit my a level exams in my gap year. Has anyone done this before/is currently doing this? I really need help.
I live in Manchester. I heard Manchester grammar school allow it but I am not sure?
Someone please help me! It does not have to be in Manchester but somewhere else is okay too!
I just need a centre and will study myself. Also, does it matter which exam board you study/ surely the centre lets you resit anything?
Reply 1
Original post by Science100
I want to resit my a level exams in my gap year. Has anyone done this before/is currently doing this? I really need help.
I live in Manchester. I heard Manchester grammar school allow it but I am not sure?
Someone please help me! It does not have to be in Manchester but somewhere else is okay too!
I just need a centre and will study myself. Also, does it matter which exam board you study/ surely the centre lets you resit anything?

Have you tried Loreto College? Here is their contact number give them a call:0161 226 5156

hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Science100
Also, does it matter which exam board you study/ surely the centre lets you resit anything?

You could ask the school where you did your original A levels. Even if they don't generally take private candidates, many allow former pupils to resit.

Most schools and colleges only accept private candidates to take the exams they are doing for their regular students, so your examiner and any option must match. Otherwise it's too much hassle for them.

A few, usually very expensive, private centres will let you take anything you like if you can pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest