The Student Room Group

ASDAN University Awards

So our Sixth Form is making us complete the ASDAN University Award as they say it looks REALLY good on our personal statements etc. But I was wondering is it really that big a deal? and do Uni's really take the award into consideration?
Original post by That_Punk_Life
So our Sixth Form is making us complete the ASDAN University Award as they say it looks REALLY good on our personal statements etc. But I was wondering is it really that big a deal? and do Uni's really take the award into consideration?

Never heard of it -looking at their website it looks like a bargain bin version of DofE (which is useless for university applications) combined with some basic UCAS/careers advice.

If you want something good to talk about in your PS then do the EPQ.
Original post by That_Punk_Life

All depends on what and where you are applying really,have a look at ucas for the courses you want to do and see if it d help your application at all.
Original post by PQ
Never heard of it -looking at their website it looks like a bargain bin version of DofE (which is useless for university applications) combined with some basic UCAS/careers advice.

If you want something good to talk about in your PS then do the EPQ.

Thank god for that. I was beginning to think I'd lost the plot.
I've never heard of it either, and if universities did care about it then I would have heard about it.

About the only extra qualification that unis care about (with the exception of things like music grades for those applying for a music degree) is the EPQ, and even that's completely optional as unis know that not all students have the opportunity to take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
I've never heard of it either, and if universities did care about it then I would have heard about it.

About the only extra qualification that unis care about (with the exception of things like music grades for those applying for a music degree) is the EPQ, and even that's completely optional as unis know that not all students have the opportunity to take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew!
You should check to make sure your headteacher (or a family member) is not a member of the ASDAN board of trustees. He or she may be benefiting financially from encouraging the participation of your sixth form in this scheme. Uncovering this scandal will do far more for your career than participating in the scheme itself.

All the best.

Quick Reply

Latest