The Student Room Group

Modern Languages Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ABGorilla
I kinda forgot to print out the confirmation booking page, so instead I printed out the email confirmation, do you think that would be fine to bring to the open day? Or would they probably have a letter when the Open Day pack is sent to me by post lol

They should have a list of everyone who's attending the open day anyway, so any proof that you've signed up should be fine. :smile:
They've sent me an email today saying that the pack should come soon, they might send a letter with it we'll have to wait and see
Original post by Fleming1928
They should have a list of everyone who's attending the open day anyway, so any proof that you've signed up should be fine. :smile:
They've sent me an email today saying that the pack should come soon, they might send a letter with it we'll have to wait and see

Oh nice!
I'm hoping to apply for International Travel and Tourism Studies with French for 2016 entry at Ulster University.
I'm applying for:
Modern languages and cultures Mlang (French and German) at Lancaster
French and German at Leeds
Modern Langauges (French and German with Dutch) at Sheffield
French and German at Aston (Maybe)
French and German at Hull
Alright Team, I'm planning on applying for German and Ab Initio Russian for 2016 entry.
I got 4 As at AS-Level in French German Maths and History and I'm planning on taking Maths History and German A2.
Looking to apply to Cambridge Durham and Bristol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for French and ab initio Russian :smile:
Going to apply for French with beginners Russian
Hiya Languages people!
I'm applying to do French at Oxford (eek), Durham, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol :smile:
Reply 28
Applied for French at Spanish at Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Bath and Manchester. Now we wait!
Original post by bataille
Applied for French at Spanish at Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Bath and Manchester. Now we wait!

When did you send yours off? Warwick got back to me within four days :redface:
Reply 30
Original post by cakeislife
When did you send yours off? Warwick got back to me within four days :redface:

Yesterday! I noticed Warwick have been really quick this year but I've only seen science offers from them at my sixth form so far. You've got me excited now :smile:

I really want to get into Warwick; I went to an open day and got really good vibes from the place.

Good luck with Oxford :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bataille
Yesterday! I noticed Warwick have been really quick this year but I've only seen science offers from them at my sixth form so far. You've got me excited now :smile:

I really want to get into Warwick; I went to an open day and got really good vibes from the place.

Good luck with Oxford :smile:

Good luck to you too! I'm so stressed about the MLAT already :/
Same, Warwick was so nice
Hi! I applied (on sep 15th) for Modern Languages (Spanish and ab initio German) at Cambridge, UCL, King's, QMUL and Royal Holloway. Received confirmation from UCL and King's last week and the SAQ from Cambridge a few days after applying.
No answer yet, but eagerly awaiting.

Is everyone applying from the UK? I'm from Portugal, so going to uni there is kind of a big deal to me.

Good luck to everyone! :smile:
I couldn't find a thread for just language applicants, so I figured I'll start a new one!

I'm thinking of applying for Spanish and Business/Management at KCL, Manchester, Southampton, Edinburgh and Nottingham (with Russian).

Which universities are people thinking of applying, and for which languages?
Hi, who else is applying for languages this year? I'm applying for french and spanish at York, Durham, Lancaster, Southampton and Bath :smile:
Reply 35
Hiya Languages people!
I'm applying to do French at Oxford (eek), Durham, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol :smile:

have you got offers from any of these units yet?
Original post by abfc1234
have you got offers from any of these units yet?

Warwick and Bristol so far (ABB for both), I've had acknowledgements from the other three (and the MLAT is in just over a week :redface:)
Reply 37
Warwick and Bristol so far (ABB for both), I've had acknowledgements from the other three (and the MLAT is in just over a week :redface:)

ah well done! good luck with oxford! :smile:
Original post by evan241
ARABIC! Actually applying deferred 2017 entry.

Original post by evan241
Exeter (Arab and Islamic Studies), Manchester (Arabic Studies), Leeds (Arabic and International Relations), Edinburgh (Arabic and Politics) and SOAS (Turkish and Arabic). Where are you applying? Not sure what I want to do after graduation yet.

Hey evan! I'm applying for Arabic and Islamic Studies at the same universities you mentioned. I'm a mature student so a bit worried my Personal Statement won't have the usual academic fluff of most students. Can I ask what kind of thing you would be including in your personal statement or what sort of things you have done, if any, that are related to your Arabic degree?
Original post by abfc1234
ah well done! good luck with oxford! :smile:

Thanks! I need it :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending