The Student Room Group

looking for temporary work

so my laptop is on it's last legs and as i am about to start year eleven i need to buy a new one. I have just done my work experience where i worked in a café on a farm both cooking and serving people - i was wondering if anyone knew any companies that might accept me because of where i did work experience. i also have a paper round and did spend some time working in a charity shop in Solihull. I desperately need money to buy a new laptop - I won't be able to survive year eleven without one!!!! help?!
Reply 1
Original post by gingy434
so my laptop is on it's last legs and as i am about to start year eleven i need to buy a new one. I have just done my work experience where i worked in a café on a farm both cooking and serving people - i was wondering if anyone knew any companies that might accept me because of where i did work experience. i also have a paper round and did spend some time working in a charity shop in Solihull. I desperately need money to buy a new laptop - I won't be able to survive year eleven without one!!!! help?!

Have you spoke to the cafe you did your work experience at to see if they would be willing to talk you on as staff? Other cafes like that might also take you on.
Reply 2
I have spoken to them and are actually meeting them today but it is unlikely they will pay someone my age, they mainly just accept voluntary or work experience, plus I have to get three buses to get there, odds are I won't get the job and even if I do, I have to consider that my travel options disadvantage me 😕

Quick Reply

Latest