The Student Room Group

A Level Subject Combination Confusion

i will be starting my A level first year from this September and have currently chosen 4 subjects + Language (not General). My combination is Math/Psychology/Economics/World History and as diverse as it is, i fear that it may be too much for me to take in; or so ive been told by my elders. I did give a total of 10 O levels and am, therefore, capable of handling pressure, but many tell me that my combination consists of two traditional subjects, along with the fact that its a 4 subject combination instead of it being a 3 subject combination, and hence may add as a burden.
Now i chose these subjects out of pure interest as i haven't really decided a specific field of interest and aim on applying to the US for that specific matter. I was considering dropping Psychology and taking Literature but that probably won't help in reducing burden. Can any one help? Is my combination a little too ambitious or will i be able to do it?
Reply 1
You mean you are taking them for AS? It is standard to take 4 and drop one but do what interests you that gives you good career prospects
Reply 2
Original post by Detiri17
You mean you are taking them for AS? It is standard to take 4 and drop one but do what interests you that gives you good career prospects

Our school permits us to take 5 A levels in all. General or English Language is compulsory, plus 3 or 4 other choices. i chose 4 other choices, which makes it 5 A levels.
Reply 3
Original post by obliviate1
Our school permits us to take 5 A levels in all. General or English Language is compulsory, plus 3 or 4 other choices. i chose 4 other choices, which makes it 5 A levels.

Sounds a bit of a strange school tbh
Reply 4
Original post by Detiri17
Sounds a bit of a strange school tbh

Thats how it goes throughout our city so.. don't know what to do now :frown:
Reply 5
Just seems strange, I took Eng. Lang. as an option

Quick Reply

Latest