The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Accomodation Question

Hey, applied for accomodation in University of Surrey on July 14th (starting Sep 2015), and received an email where they said they'd process my results shortly. I still haven't received any email from them, and considering some people are already receiving their accommodation, im getting a bit nervous. Anyone can shed some light into this?
Reply 1
Hey! I also haven't received an answer yet, but on their website it says we will get one by the third week of August. Hope it helps!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
I called them up yeasterday, they said the emails will arrive by the end of August. They are sorting out postgraduate and phd accomodation first I believe.
Original post by Vas87thRD
Hey, applied for accomodation in University of Surrey on July 14th (starting Sep 2015), and received an email where they said they'd process my results shortly. I still haven't received any email from them, and considering some people are already receiving their accommodation, im getting a bit nervous. Anyone can shed some light into this?

Original post by macaroni
Hey! I also haven't received an answer yet, but on their website it says we will get one by the third week of August. Hope it helps!

Hi guys,
Some accommodation is being allocated - but this is mainly PhD and Postgraduate students. Most students won't hear until towards the end of August, so nothing to worry about :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you everyone for the replies!
Reply 5
As a postgraduate student I was given my offer yesterday for accommodation.
Reply 6
How does the room allocation work? How are flat mates assigned. Is it based on profile or level of study. Are international students placed together?
Original post by gmenonr
How does the room allocation work? How are flat mates assigned. Is it based on profile or level of study. Are international students placed together?

Flatmates are assigned randomly, however they do take into account your level of study (e.g. postgraduates are likely to be put together, first year undergraduates will be placed together, for example).

We're not sure what the situation is in terms of international students - from experience it would seem that there is rarely an entire flat of international students, however there is also never a situation where they would be placed amongst all home/UK students.

If you'd like more detailed information you could contact our accommodation team via email at [email protected] - they'll be able to provide more info.

We hope this helps :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by University of Surrey
Flatmates are assigned randomly, however they do take into account your level of study (e.g. postgraduates are likely to be put together, first year undergraduates will be placed together, for example).

We're not sure what the situation is in terms of international students - from experience it would seem that there is rarely an entire flat of international students, however there is also never a situation where they would be placed amongst all home/UK students.

If you'd like more detailed information you could contact our accommodation team via email at [email protected] - they'll be able to provide more info.

We hope this helps :smile:

Thanks for that!

Quick Reply

Latest