The Student Room Group

CIE English Language Assistance plz

Hi there as the title reads, I'm just looking for as much inf on the CIE English Language AS level as anyone can point me to. I've managed to get myself onto a weeks crammer course through work at the end of September, and the A level part in April if things go well.

Since I've not studied English since doing Standard Grades at School I thought I'd better get some revision in first but I'm quite surprised at just how difficult I'm finding not only the work but also at ow difficult it i to find resources for this particular specification.

There are plenty of textbooks available for the other exam boards and I was considering following the OCR specification in those since it's a sister company or something but now realise they don't follow the same syllabus.

Was also considering paying for those getrevising and Ask Teachers sites, but I don't even think GetRevising has much on CIE.

So yea any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly on a curriculum breakdown for the course (the one you get on the official website didn't seem to have much info on exactly what to study and in what order) and also any resources on how to write good essays for AS level English.

Or if anyone who's currently or has done this course fancied chatting about it that would be good too, I've noticed a few other threads on it and will have a read through but they could be a bit old.

Cheers and sorry for the longwinded babbling :tongue:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest