The Student Room Group

Short term stay in London

Are there any short term apartments to let in London during the summer? I am looking to stay in the city and to pay 500 pounds for the month. Wishful thinking, I know.
Reply 1
You might be able to rent a ****ty room for that much outside zone 2

Impossible to get a apartment for that much, short term will be even more expensive

Best bet is to stay in hostels in central london
Reply 2
Original post by James222
You might be able to rent a ****ty room for that much outside zone 2

Impossible to get a apartment for that much, short term will be even more expensive

Best bet is to stay in hostels in central london

I would stay in a hostel but I don't want to go to an interview looking frazzled like a bum. I never looked at having an interview as a headache until this week.
Reply 3
Original post by J-SP
Be grateful you have the interview in the first place. I'm sure many would happily swap with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAHAha. I apologize. You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I should do whatever it takes to get there, I'm just running low on funds at the moment. However, it is a life-changing opportunity.
Reply 4
Original post by Fmacca
I would stay in a hostel but I don't want to go to an interview looking frazzled like a bum. I never looked at having an interview as a headache until this week.

Na if you stay at a decent hostel
You will be ok

Avoid a party hostel or one that is super cheap
QM halls is a great suggestion. Other student halls will also be available. Hard to beat. Options include youth hostels, there are two just off Tottenham Court road. Harder to source are students who have to pay rent during hols for rooms they don't need... But be aware that subrenting is almost always breaking some sort of rule.
Reply 6
Running up to July 31 you were on here pretending your applications are for next year, trying to get advice from people competing with you on the basis you weren't competing with them, and mildly insulting anyone who had similarly left their applications late. Pretty sly and not a good indicator of future performance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending