The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Pharm

Hi,I'm currently 1st Year Pharm student. Unfortunately I have failed exams and I was required to retake in this month. I'm really worry about that I'll fail again. So if I fail the resit again that means I am not allowed to study pharmacy at UEA anymore??Does anyone experience like me?
Universities have different policies ,I'm sure if you fail your retakes you have to start over again.
A family friend failed his summer retakes at Nottingham Uni (on a different course to you) & had to redo the whole year all over again.It might be worth asking your course advisors /lectures .

In your eyes what would you say is the reason /reasons you failed?
You didn't work hard enough ,didn't like the course?.The first thing in retaking is identifying WHY you didn't do well previously.

Feel free to PM if you want :smile:
I'm not a uni student but I've been through the retake business with my Alevels.Its not a nice experience to go through but you learn from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I'm not sure about the details, but first of all, what are you resitting? I knew people who had to resit and they were absolutely fine. Have you spoken to any of the lecturers? They're usually really good at giving you advice and stuff on the resits, and giving you feedback on what you did in the original exam. So I guess you could try emailing your advisor and having a word with them. If you do fail I think you can talk to the uni and some people re-did the year or went on to the BSc course instead. There's still options, it's ok.
Original post by hello-melody
Hi,I'm currently 1st Year Pharm student. Unfortunately I have failed exams and I was required to retake in this month. I'm really worry about that I'll fail again. So if I fail the resit again that means I am not allowed to study pharmacy at UEA anymore??Does anyone experience like me?

Things might have changed but a few years ago I saw someone on here who didn't pass the year in Pharmacy and got switched to Pharmacology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending